This post will guide you on how to fix the error 0x803F9008 on your Xbox Series S and how to prevent such an issue from happening again in the future. Continue reading to learn more.
The error 0x803F9008 shows up when your console is not connected to the Internet or has an intermittent connection. It often pops up when you try to play a game and the console can’t reach any of the services it’s supposed to connect with.
But apparently, this isn’t a serious problem. In fact, you may be able to fix it by doing a couple of solutions. So if you’re one of the gamers that’s bugged by this error, continue reading as we may be able to help you.
Fix #1: Make sure your console is connected to the Internet
When it comes to fixing a problem like this, the first thing you have to do is to make sure that your Xbox Series S has an active and fast Internet connection. Connectivity is necessary to validate your login credentials and to let the console connect to its servers. The same is true when you try to play a game and when there’s no Internet connection, errors will most likely pop up. So try this to make sure your console is connected to the Internet:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Highlight Settings and press A to open it.
- Select General if it’s not selected yet, and then open Network settings.
- Select Test network connection. If it says your console is connected to the Internet, then try doing a speed test.
- Select Test network speed & statistics, and wait until the speed test is completed.
Connection issues can often be fixed by restarting your router as it refreshes the connection between your devices. Or you may call your Internet Service Provider and have the problem fixed. However, if your console shows it has a fast and stable Internet connection, then move on to the next solution.
Fix #2: Check the Xbox Status
The next thing you have to do if your console has an active Internet connection is to check if the error shows up due to a server problem. If some of the services are down, then it must be the reason why you’re getting such a problem.
You need to check on that so that you won’t have to do other troubleshooting procedures. Server issues get fixed within an hour or two. You just have to wait for it. Here’s how to check on the Xbox Live Status:
- Open Microsoft Edge on your console.
- Log on to support.xbox.com, and then click on Xbox status.
- Now check if there are services that are currently down or having issues.
If it shows that some services are down, then you just have to wait until they’re fixed. However, if all services are up and running, then try the next solution.
Fix #3: Reset your console
Assuming that your Xbox Series S has an active Internet connection and that all Xbox services are up and running but the error 0x803F9008 continues to pop up when you open your games, then the next thing you have to do is to reset your console. There’s a reset that won’t delete any of your games or apps, so that’s the reset you need to do. Here’s how:
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to pull up the side menu.
- Press the RB button a few times to select Profile & system.
- Highlight Settings and press A to select it.
- Highlight System and then select Console info.
- Select Reset console.
- Select Reset and keep my games & apps.
After the reset, set up your console as a new device. The error should no longer pop up now.
We hope that this troubleshooting guide can be helpful.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. Thanks for reading!