Are you experiencing the Insignia Fire TV remote not working issue? There are several factors that can cause this problem such as the remote’s batteries are weak, remote needs to re-pair, button on the remote is stuck, or even a software glitch. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps.
Insignia is a US TV brand that’s handled by retail store Best Buy. The company offers a wide range of TV models ranging from the basic to 4K HDR models. One of their models, the Insignia Fire TV, comes integrated with Amazon Fire TV allowing it to access the internet and stream content. This Smart TV comes with several features such as Voice Remote with Alex and parental controls just to name a few.
What do you do when your Insignia Fire TV remote stops working?
One of the issues that you might experience with your Insignia Fire TV remote control is when it doesn’t appear to work. Sometimes, only the power button of the remote may or not be working. This can be a frustrating experience as you won’t be able to effectively control your Fire TV device.
Here’s what you need to do to fix the Insignia Fire TV remote not working problem.
Solution 1: Get new batteries
The first thing you should consider when your Insignia Fire TV Remote does not work is to assume that its batteries are already drained.
You should consider getting new batteries. If possible try using rechargeable batteries so that you only need to charge this if it gets drained.
Replacing batteries of insignia Fire TV Remotes
- Open the battery cover found at the back of the Insignia Fire TV remote.
- Remove the batteries from the battery compartment.
- Put in the new batteries.
Try checking if this will fix the Insignia Fire TV remote not working issue.
In case you don’t have any new batteries available at the moment then you can try resetting the remote by performing these steps.
- Take the batteries out of your remote.
- Wait 2-3 minutes
- Put the batteries back.
Try checking if the Insignia TV remote will work. If it does then this might just be a temporary solution as you will still need to get new batteries.
Solution 2: Re-pair your Insignia Fire TV remote
One of the reasons why you will be experiencing the Insignia Fire TV remote not working issue is if the Fire TV remote is not paired. You will need to pair the remote again in order for it to work.
Pairing enhanced Insignia TV remotes
- Open the battery compartment at the back of the TV remote.
- Look for the pair button found just below the batteries.
- Press and hold this pair button until the TV remote pairs with the Insignia Fire TV.
Pair TV remote using the home button
If the TV remote control you are using does not have a pair button then here’s another way to pair it to your Insignia Fire TV.
- Press and hold the Home button on the TV remote for at least 30 seconds.
- Make sure to point the TV remote directly to your Insignia Fire TV.
Pair insignia remote using three buttons trick
If the previous step fails to pair your Insignia TV remote then try this step.
- Press and hold the Back button, Left button, and the Menu button at the same time for at least 30 seconds.
- Make sure you are pointing the remote to the Fire TV device.
After the pairing has been successfully done try to check if the Insignia remote not working issue still occurs.
Solution 3: Perform a power cycle on your Insignia Fire TV
One of the reasons why the Insignia Fire TV remote does not work is due to a temporary software glitch. Performing a power cycle on the TV and the Insignia Fire TV remote will usually fix this issue.
Restart Fire TV
- Turn off the Fire TV.
- Unplug the power cord of the Fire TV for the power outlet and leave it unplugged for a minute.
- Plug the power cord of the Fire TV to the wall outlet.
Turn on the fire TV.
Restart Fire TV Remote
- Take out the batteries of the Fire TV remote.
- Wait for am minute.
- Re-insert the batteries of the Fire TV remote.
Try checking if the TV remote not working problem still occurs.
Solution 4: Factory reset your Insignia Fire TV
If the Insignia Fire TV remote not working problem is caused by a corrupted data or software on your Smart TV then the best way to fix this is to perform a factory reset. This will bring back the TV to its factory default settings. If you have several installed apps on the TV then they will be deleted during the hard reset process.
Factory reset Insignia TV
- Navigate to your TV “Settings” using the TV buttons.
- Select the “System” option.
- Select the option “Reset to Factory Defaults”, and your TV will revert to its factory settings.
After the reset try checking if the remote works. You will need to pair it again in with your TV.
Solution 5: Buy a new remote control
Sometimes the problem is already caused by a defective remote control. If this is the case then you will need to buy a new remote control.
While waiting for the new remote you can use the Fire TV app which you can download on your mobile device to use as a temporary remote control.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you control Insignia Fire TV without remote?
Yes you can. In fact, you can use the physical buttons on the Insignia TV or you can use the Fire TV app which you can download on your smartphone. To use the app make sure your smartphone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Why is my Insignia Fire TV remote not working?
There are several factors that can cause this such as a drained battery or the remote might not be paired to your TV.
- How do I get my Insignia Fire TV remote to work?
Some of the common ways to fix this problem are as follows:
Your TV needs to be reset and isn’t connected to the remote
Your remote needs to be re-paired to your TV.
The remote’s batteries are disconnected or dead.
- Do I need an internet connection to use Insignia Fire TV?
In order to access the smart features of the device such as the various streaming services you will need to have an internet connection.
- How do I fix the unresponsive Fire TV remote?
Try to unplug your TV, wait for a minute and press and hold the menu button, left button and back button at the same time. Release and buttons, remove the batteries from your remote and plug in your Fire TV, and put the batteries back in your remote.