Epic Games is one of the best alternatives to Steam right now and it’s not surprising that millions have flocked to this platform. It’s also known among players to be an excellent way to get free games for PC. If you want to install Epic Games on your PC but it won’t allow you to, you’re not alone. Many other gamers have reported the same problem in the past. Fortunately, fixing this problem is typically easy. Below are the fixes that you can try if you are not able to install Epic Games.
How to fix Epic Games launcher won’t install issue?
If you are having a hard time installing the Epic Games launcher on your computer, there’s a set of troubleshooting steps that you must do to know where the problem is coming from. Sometimes, the reason for this problem is as simple as installing the latest version of Windows. For some people, they may need to also update their device drivers, especially the graphics drivers, on top of their Windows updates. Others may find out that a third party application may be to blame why Epic Games launcher won’t install. This is commonly experienced by those who set their security software to their strictest level.
Whatever the cause of your problem is, this troubleshooting guide will show you the solutions that you can try.
Fix #1: Temporarily disable your antivirus or security software.
If your PC can’t seem to download or open the installer for Epic Games launcher, it’s possible that your security software is the culprit. You may have set your antivirus software or anti-malware software to block downloads or installation of untrusted programs. Try to see if your download or installation will proceed if you temporarily disable your security software. This includes both third party antivirus and Microsoft’s Windows Defender.
Be sure to turn your security software right after you’ve installed Epic Games, or after your troubleshooting.
Fix #2: Run the installer as an Administrator.
If you did manage to download the installer but the installation still won’t proceed, try to see if you can fix the problem by giving the file elevated administrator access. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open the folder where the installer was downloaded.
- Right-click on the installer press enter.
- Select on Run as administrator.
- Click on Yes.
- Follow the rest of the instructions to proceed with the installation.
Fix #3: Unlock the installation drive.
When installing any program, you want to make sure that the installation path is permitted by the system. If the destination drive where you want to install Epic Games launcher is restricted, your installation will not proceed at all. By default, all drives are not restricted and you should be able to install anything. However, if you changed the restrictions or read/write access to your drives in the past and forget about it, this may be the reason for the problem right now.
You want to make sure that there’s a read/write permission for you to install. Follow these steps:
- Go to the drive where you want to install Epic Games.
- Right-click the installation folder and click Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click on your username in the Group or user names box.
- Verify that there is a check under Allow beside both Read and Write in the Permissions box.
- After checking the read/write access of the drive and ensuring that the installation path is now clear, you can run the Epic Games installer again.
Fix #4: Install the latest Windows OS update.
Whether you are experiencing issues or not, it’s always important to keep the software environment of your PC as updated as possible. Updates not just bring new changes, features, and cosmetic changes but also patches for known vulnerabilities.
It’s also a known fact that game launchers such as Epic Games, Steam, Xbox Game Pass, uPlay, Battle.net, and others require that the Windows OS version is up-to-date.
To check for updates:
- Press the Windows key or Start button located at the lower left.
- Click Settings.
- Inside Windows Setting, click Update and Security.
- Select Windows Update.
- Click the Check for updates button.
- Install the latest updates that are available at this point.
Fix #5: Update your graphics drivers.
Having the latest graphics drivers is very important to avoid issues when gaming. If your PC runs old graphics drivers, they may not work properly or encounter bugs when rendering games. Make sure that you install the latest drivers before you launch Warzone again.
You can either manually check and install drivers, or let automated software do the job for you.
If you want to manually check for updates, here’s how:
- Right click the Start button located at the bottom left of the screen.
- Select Device Manager. You can also access Device Manager by accessing the Control Panel.
- Select Display Adapters.
- Then right click the adapter found under the Display Adapters category.
- Select Update Driver. Wait for a few minutes to complete the process. Once completed, the performance when you play the games on your Windows PC should also improve.
Alternatively, you can use the correct link below to update your own graphics card driver:
OTHER INTERESTING ARTICLES:
- How To Fix Arctis 5 Microphone Not Working | NEW & Updated 2021
- How To Fix SteelSeries Arctis 7 Keeps Disconnecting | 2021
- How To Fix Fortnite 0xc000007b Error | NEW & Updated 2021
- How To Fix Valorant 0xc0000005 Error | NEW & Updated 2021
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.