This post will walk you through the process of removing someone from the Discord blocklist. Read on to learn how to block and unblock someone on Discord.
Discord started as a games chat server and later grew into something much more than it first offered. Today, Discord is already used by many people across the globe for various reasons including business transactions and recreations.
Just like other online chatting platforms, Discord also offers a number of useful features including muting, kicking, banning, blocking and unblocking.
Tackled in this quick guide are two of the widely used features on Discord, particularly blocking and unblocking.
Steps to Block Someone on Discord
If someone on Discord is bullying or annoying you in some ways, you can block that person from the chat.
If you’re using the Discord app for PC or Mac, you can block someone with these steps:
- Open up the Discord server.
- Right-click on the name of the person that you’d like to block.
- Select Block from the menu options.
- When asked if you’re sure that you want to block the person, click the Block button to confirm.
The person will then be added to the Discord blocklist and all the messages from this person will disappear on your server.
To block some on Discord Mobile app (Android/iOS), follow these steps:
- Open the Discord app on your device.
- While on the Discord app’s main screen, tap on the profile picture of the person that you’d like to block.
- If prompted with the menu, tap the triple-dot icon on the upper-rightmost corner of the screen.
- Select Block from the given options.
A confirmation message saying that the user has been blocked will then be displayed.
What happens after blocking someone?
The person you’ve blocked will then be deleted from your friends’ list and all his/her messages you share on the server will also be hidden. The person you’ve blocked will also not be able to ping you or mention your username in the shared servers.
When the person you’ve blocked tries to message you, he/she will get an error message saying that it could not be delivered and so on. However, he/she will still be able to read your messages and see your status. This means that he/she will still know when you’re online.
Should you wish to view these messages, just tap to enable the Show message button on your computer or tap the Blocked messages tab on your mobile device.
How to tell if someone blocked you on Discord?
In the case where someone blocked you on Discord, you can use the built-in Clyde bot to confirm. Using Clyde bot, you will get notified about any unresponsive actions that you carry out. Typically, the Clyde bot will prompt an error message saying that “Your message could not be delivered because you don’t share a server with the recipient or you disabled direct messages on your shared server, the recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends, or you were blocked by the recipient” whenever you attempt to message someone who has blocked you on Discord.
Aside from the Clyde bot, you can also tell if someone blocked you on Discord through message reactions. All you have to do is react to the person’s message in the common server. If your reaction is displayed, it means that person has not blocked you. But if your reaction doesn’t show, it means that you’ve been blocked by that person. In this case, you’ll see a slight vibration in your computer’s screen or an alert saying “Reaction blocked” when using Discord on a mobile device.
Steps to Unblock Someone on Discord for desktop and mobile app
If you change your mind and decide to remove someone from your blocklist, then simply unblock them on Discord. There are different ways for you to unblock someone on Discord and the methods vary depending on the platform in use.
A. Unblocking Someone in your Shared Server
To unblock someone on Discord app for desktop/Mac, follow these steps:
- Open the Discord app on your computer then go to the server you share and find one of the messages. All messages of the blocked person are hidden behind a message that reads “Blocked Message – Show Message.”
- To reveal the message, click on Show Message. When the message is revealed, the name of the username will also appear.
- Just right-click on the username and select Unblock from the menu options.
The selected username will then be removed from the blocklist and so that person will now be able to chat/message you on Discord.
To unblock someone on Discord app for mobile devices, follow these steps instead:
- Launch the Discord app then go to the server and find any of the blocked messages. To show and view these messages, just tap on Blocked Messages. After revealing the messages, you will see the username and profile picture of the sender whom you’ve blocked.
- To unblock the sender, simply tap on his/her profile picture. The user’s profile will then be displayed.
- Tap the triple-dot icon on the upper-right corner and then select Unblock from the menu options.
B. Unblock Someone Out from your Server
To unblock someone on Discord that you don’t share a server with, you will need to access your Blocked list and select the username you’d like to unblock. To access the Blocked list on Discord for desktop/Mac computer, just follow these steps:
- Open Discord on your computer then click the Home button/Discord icon on the upper-left corner of the main window.
- While on the Home screen, click on the Friends tab at the top-left sidebar.
- Click the Blocked tab on the upper-right side of the Friends screen. Doing so will show all the usernames you’ve blocked.
- Find the username of the person that you’d like to unblock then right-click on the name to access the menu options/commands.
- On the pop-up menu, click Unblock from the given options.
The username will then be removed from the Blocked list.
On Discord for mobile app, blocking someone you don’t share server with is carried out through these steps:
- Open the Discord app then top the triple-dot icon on the upper-left corner.
- Tap the Friends list icon (looks like a waving person) at the bottom of the screen, right next to the Discord logo. Doing so opens your Friends list.
- To continue, tap Blocked on the upper-right side of the screen to view a list of all users that you’ve blocked.
- Locate the username of the person that you’d like to unblock.
- Swipe your finger to the left on the username and then tap the red Unblock button.
- Alternatively, you can just tap the username, tap the triple-dot icon on the top-right of the succeeding window and then select Unblock from the given options.
And that’s how you block and unblock someone in and out of your server on Discord for PC/Mac and Discord app for Android and iOS devices.
Hope this helps!
Please visit our YouTube channel to view different troubleshooting and tutorial videos that might be helpful to you.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- How to Fix League of Legends “There was an unexpected error with the login session”
- How to Fix Destiny 2 Servers are not available error
- How to Fix Fallout 4 Crashes on Startup
- What to do if Sims 4 sim won’t sleep?
- The Sims 4 Acting Career: Get Famous!