Are you experiencing the Samsung Galaxy Z flip 4 not receiving incoming calls issue? There are several factors that can cause this problem such as poor network coverage, phone app issue, or even a wrong setting. To fix this problem you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 is Flip model to hit the market that comes with upgraded hardware components. What makes this device unique is its ability to be folded in the middle allowing it to have a more compact shape. Some of its best features include a Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 chip and a battery capacity of 3700 mAh.
Why is my Z Flip 4 phone not receiving calls?
One of the issues that you might experience with your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 is when you are not receiving incoming calls. This can be a frustrating experience especially if you are waiting for an important call.
Here’s what you need to do to if your Samsung device can’t receive incoming calls.
Solution 1: Check cellular network signal
Is your phone getting a strong signal from your carrier? If the signal is weak or non-existent at all then you won’t be able to use some of the network services such as making or receiving calls or text messages.
If you are in an enclosed place such as in a building basement then the network signal can’t get in.
You might also be in a place with no carrier towers available which will result in your phone not getting any service at all.
You can check your phone signal strength on the upper right part of the display. If it is weak then you might want to try to transfer to a different location as your current carrier might not have a good reception in your current area.
If the phone has a strong signal and you can’t seem to be receiving any calls then here’s what you need to do.
Turn off the Wifi
Try turning off the WiFi switch of your Android phone and see if you can get at least a 3G signal. With the WiFi now off, try checking if you can receive calls.
Toggle airplane mode
Turning on airplane mode then turning it back off is another way of refreshing the Galaxy Z Flip 4 connection to the network towers.
- From a Home screen, swipe up to access the apps screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Connections.
- Tap Airplane Mode switch to turn on.
- Wait for a minute then tap Airplane Mode switch again to turn off.
Check if your Samsung phone is getting a signal from the network. If it is, try checking if you can receive calls.
Solution 2: Soft reset your Samsung Galaxy Flip 4
When your Galaxy Z Flip 4 has a weak or no network signal then you can try to perform a soft reset. This refreshes your phone’s operating system and will fix any issues caused by a software glitch.
The soft reset will reboot the operating system of the phone and reload all of its services. Your personal data, files, and apps will remain unchanged.
Soft reset Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Turn off the Galaxy z Flip 4 by pressing and hold the Bixby button and the volume down button on the side of the device.
- Choose Power off.
- Choose Power off again. The phone will turn off.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Bixby button on the side of the device to turn on the Samsung device.
Try checking if you are receiving incoming calls.
Solution 3: Start the Galaxy Z Flip 4 in Safe Mode
One of the reasons why your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 can’t receive incoming calls is because a third party app you downloaded is interfering with the phone app operation. In order to check if a downloaded app is the culprit you will need to start the phone in Safe Mode.
Safe Mode will only allow the default apps to run in your Galaxy Z Flip 4 making it easier to determine if a third-party app is interfering with your default phone app.
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume down button (right edge) until the ‘Power off’ prompt appears on the screen then release.
- Touch and hold Power off until the ‘Safe mode’ prompt appears then release.
- To confirm, tap Safe mode.
Wait for up to 30 seconds for the process to complete. When your device reboots “Safe Mode” will appear on the lower left side of the home screen.
Can you receive incoming calls in this mode? In case the issue does not occur then you will need to find out the specific app that is causing this problem and uninstall it.
After uninstalling the app you can exit from safe mode.
Exit Safe Mode
- Press and hold the Side key.
- Tap Restart > Restart.
- The device will restart in standard mode and you can resume normal use.
Solution 4: Reset network settings of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
This procedure will reset the cellular, Bluetooth and WiFi network settings of your Android phone and be restored to their default values.
Resetting network settings
- Open the Settings app on your Galaxy Z Flip 4.
- Scroll down to and tap General management.
- Tap Reset to view the reset options.
- Tap Reset network settings.
- Tap Reset settings and if prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Reset to proceed with the network settings reset.
Try to check if this will solve the call issue you are experiencing.
Solution 5: Try using a different SIM card
Sometimes the problem can be caused by an issue with the SIM card that you are using or with your account with the carrier. If you have access to a different SIM card from the same carrier then it’s best to use this on your phone and check if you can make calls with it.
If the issue no longer occurs with another SIM inserted in your phone then there’s a possibility that the problem can be caused by your SIM or by an account issue with your service provider.
After checking the issue with another SIM make sure to place your original SIM back in your phone.
Solution 9: Perform a factory reset on your Galaxy Z Flip 4
In case the problem is caused by a corrupted system software then a factory reset is highly recommended.
The factory reset will erase your phone data and bring it back to its original condition. Any corrupted data stored in the operating system which could be causing this problem will be completely removed.
Before proceeding with this step you need to backup your phone files. Any photos, files, contact lists, or notes just to name a few that you have saved in your phone will be deleted so make sure to make a backup copy of these.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and side buttons until the device vibrates and the Android Recovery screen appears then release all buttons. Allow up to 30 seconds for the recovery screen to appear.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset. You can use the volume buttons to cycle through the available options and the side key to select.
- Select Factory data reset. Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
- Select Reboot system now. Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
- Set up your Android phone.
After reset has completed don’t install any third party apps yet. Try checking first if the issue still occurs.
Solution 10: Contact the nearest Samsung service center
If the above troubleshooting steps fails to fix the problem then you should contact the nearest Samsung service center in your area and seek assistance regarding this matter.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I turn on Wi-Fi calling in Z Flip 4?
From the home screen, tap the Phone icon.
Tap the Menu icon.
Tap the status switch beside Wi-Fi Calling.
Tap Turn On.
Tap Wi-Fi Calling.
- How to block contacts from Contact app of Galaxy Z Flip 4?
Open Contacts and then select the contact you wish to block.
Tap More options, and then tap Block contact.
- How to block and unblock unknown numbers on Z Flip 4?
Tap on Phone app.
Tap on More Options (three dots) then go to Settings.
Tap on Block numbers.
Toggle Block unknown callers on or off.
Turn on/off ‘Block unknown/private numbers’
- How to unblock numbers or contacts on Z Flip 4?
Open the Contacts app, and then tap the contact you wish to unblock.
Tap More options (three dots), and then tap Unblock contact.
Alternatively, you can navigate to and open the Phone app. Tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Settings.
Tap Block numbers, and then tap the Delete icon to remove the corresponding phone number from your Block list.
- How do I clear app cache data in Z Flip 4?
Open your Settings and tap Apps.
From the list of Apps that appears, tap on the app that is causing the issue.
Tap Storage > Clear data or Clear cache.