This post shows how to reset app preferences and restore default apps on the Redmi Note 8 Pro. Read on if you need help restoring the default apps for opening media files and documents on your Xiaomi Redmi Note device.
MIUI Reset App Preferences
The first time you open a certain file or data type on your Android phone, you will be prompted to choose the app that you’d like to use as the default application for that file. This is often the case if you’ve installed multiple apps that support the same file or data type and you haven’t set the default app to launch the file yet.
But what if you’ve already set the default app but later realized that you would prefer to use a different application or tool to open a certain file or data type? This is when resetting the app preferences is needed.
Depicted in this quick walkthrough is the process of resetting app preferences on the Redmi Note 8 Pro.
Resetting app preferences works by resetting all notification restrictions, background data restrictions, permission restrictions, disabled apps and default apps on the phone. And here’s how it’s done in Xiaomi’s MIUI platform.
Easy Steps to Reset App Preferences on Redmi Note 8 Pro
This process does not affect any existing app data, so there’s no need to worry of losing any. Just follow these steps when ready.
1. To get started, locate then tap the Settings icon from your Home or Apps screen. Doing so will let you access the main settings menu.
On this menu, you will see a list of all built-in features and settings.
2. Scroll to find Apps from the list. Once you find it, tap on it to access the Apps menu.
3. While on the Apps menu, tap the option to Manage apps.
A list of system apps will populate the Manage apps screen.
4. On the upper-rightmost corner, you will see a triple-dot icon. Tap on it to view more options.
A list of additional options and settings will appear on the side menu.
5. To continue, tap the option to Reset app preferences.
A pop-up message will appear beneath the screen, informing what happens when you reset app preferences.
6. Read and review the message and then tap the Reset apps button to confirm.
The phone will then reset preferences for your apps and then restores the default apps.
The default preferences for all the installed apps and services will then be reset. As a result, you will be asked to select which app to use when attempting to open a certain file or data type on your phone.
And that’s how to reset app preferences and restore default apps on the Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone.
Resetting app preferences is usually recommended when dealing with issues attributed to a misbehaving app on the phone.
More Video Tutorials
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting clips on different mobile phones and tablets, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
You might also want to read:
- How to Reset App Preferences on Samsung Galaxy S21
- How to Reset App Preferences on Galaxy Note 20
- How To Reset Apps On Galaxy S20
- How to Reset All Settings on Samsung Galaxy S21 without Deleting Data