In this post, we will show you how to fix the Galaxy Tab S6 black screen of death issue, which seems to be bugging some owners. While it’s possible that it’s a hardware-related problem, most of the time it’s just due to a firmware crash. Read on to learn more.
More often than not, when an Android device shuts down and gets stuck on a black screen of death, it’s just due to a minor firmware issue, although some users may think it’s a hardware problem. Needless to say, you’ll be able to fix this problem on your own. With that being said, here’s what you need to do:
First solution: Perform the forced restart
When it comes to fixing black screen of death issues, the first thing that you have to do is the forced restart. It has been proven to be very effective in fixing such problems. Here’s how you do it on your Tab S6:
- Press the Volume Down button and the Power key at the same time, and hold them both for 10 seconds. This often triggers the tablet to power up.
- If the logo shows, release both keys and wait until the device finishes the reboot.
This problem is already fixed the moment the logo shows as you’ve already forced the device to power on. However, if your Tab S6 is still stuck on the black screen after the first attempt, then try doing the same procedure a few more times before moving on to the next solution.
Second solution: Charge your tablet and do the Forced Restart
After doing the forced restart a few times and the tablet is still not responding, then try charging it because it’s possible that the battery is just drained. Sometimes the firmware crashes if you left your tablet to run out of juice. So try doing this procedure:
- Plug the power adapter to a working wall outlet.
- Now connect your Tab S6 to the charger using the original charging cable.
- Regardless of whether the charging sign shows or not, leave it connected to the charger for at least 10 minutes.
- Now while the device is still connected to the charger, press and hold the volume down button and the power key for 10 seconds or more.
If you’re able to make the logo appear, then the problem is apparently fixed and it might have been due to a drained battery. However, if your Galaxy Tab S6 is still stuck on the black screen after this, then have it checked.
And that’s how you fix the Galaxy Tab S6 black screen of death issue. We hope that this troubleshooting guide can help you.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. We need your support so that we can continue creating helpful contents in the future. Thanks for reading!
- What To Do If Facebook Keeps Crashing on Galaxy Tab S6
- Galaxy Tab S6 Turns Off By Itself and Won’t Turn On
- How To Fix A Sluggish Galaxy Tab S6
- How To Fix Galaxy Tab S6 WiFi Issues