Animal Crossing: New Horizons is probably one of the most successful and loved games from Nintendo. Aside from its impressive game, it also provides a friendly NookLink application where you can chat and send reactions with your best friends in the game, customized designs and other cool features within the app. Today, we will guide you on how to set up the Animal Crossing NookLink App to enhance the game.
What is NookLink App and its Features
NookLink app is a service within the Nintendo Switch Online application intended for Animal Crossing: New Horizons players. To access NookLink, a player must install the Nintendo Switch Online app on their smart device. It is available for download on both iOS and Android devices. The application allow players to do the following features in the game:
- View passports from the characters that lived on the island and other residents that you have interacted with.
- Chat and see the online status of your best friends in the game. The voice chat function is also available by using the microphone settings on your device.
- Allows players to use the smart device keyboard to chat with friends.
- It also tracks the total number of visitors on your island’s dream and the dream islands you have visited.
- Scan QR codes using the camera function of your smart device for custom design created from Animal Crossing: New Leaf or Animal Crossing: Happy Home Design games on 3DS. You can save the designs and download to use the custom designs in the Animal Crossing: New Horizons after it is scanned.
- Easily access and use Reactions when communicating with your best friends in the game. An update was recently made in October 2020 to add the Reactions tab feature.
How to Set Up Animal Crossing NookLink App
All Animal Crossing: New Horizons players can use the NookLink App provided that they have an active Nintendo Switch Online subscription. You must be connected to the internet in order to use the smartphone app successfully. Also, you need to ensure that the Nintendo Switch Online application is associated with the Nintendo Account that you have linked for the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game. Once done, you can set up the NookLink App by following the details below:
- Go to the Home Screen of your Nintendo Switch.
- Select Animal Crossing: New Horizons to go to the title screen of the game.
- On the title screen, select the Minus Sign (-) button found on the top of the left Joy con to access the Settings.
- Tom Nook will appear on the screen and just follow the instructions provided.
- Select NookLink once the options show on the screen.
- Then click Yes, please! to connect to the internet and set up with NookLink access.
- Download the Nintendo Switch Online App on your smart device.
- Log in to the Nintendo Switch Online App which is linked to the Nintendo Account used for the game on your Switch.
- From the Game-Specific Services section, select Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Once all the above steps are completed, you should be able to use all the available features found in the NookLink application without any problem.
Other interesting articles:
- How To Use A PSN Account On The PS5 | Easy Steps | NEW 2020!
- How To Move Games And Data From PS4 To PS5 | Easy Steps | NEW!
- How To Adjust Nintendo Switch Screen Brightness | NEW 2020!
- How To Add A Microsoft Account To Xbox Series X Or S | NEW 2020!
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.