Connecting to the Internet while on the go has never been easier thanks to the advances made in mobile technology. Owners of the #Samsung #Galacy #S5 for example are able to go online using their mobile data subscriptions when out and about. Indoors, a Wi-Fi connection is usually preferred. There are however instances when the phone has difficulty connecting to the Internet. This is what we will be addressing today as we tackle the Galaxy S5 won’t connect to 4G network issue & other Internet related problems.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S5 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
If you would like to browse the previous parts in this series then check out this link.
S5 Won’t Connect To 4G Network
Problem: My s5 won’t connect to the 4g network. Every time I put it on it will last a few seconds and then switch back to gsm and it happens in every area I’m in. Every other person I know on the same network doesn’t have this problem so I’m suggesting it’s the phone. This has been happening since I received the phone on Christmas day. It’s quite annoying as my internet works very slow and sometimes I’m restricted from using certain apps because it takes long to load.
Solution: Since it’s established that the problem could be caused by the phone try to perform the following troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Make sure that the phone is set to automatically connect to LTE. To do this go to Settings – More Networks – Mobile Networks – Network Mode. Make sure to tap on LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect).
- Start the phone in Safe Mode. Make sure that the mobile data switch is on. If the 4G signal is stable in this mode then an app you downloaded could be causing this problem. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- It’s possible that some form of corrupt data in your phone is causing this issue. To check if this is the case you need to wipe the cache partition of your phone from the recovery mode.
- If a glitch in the phone software is causing this problem then I suggest you backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
S5 Disconnects From Wi-Fi Network
Problem: Everytime I connect to a wifi network it will work for a few minutes then it will stop and say I’m offline? I haven’t had trouble with this before until a couple days ago. I’ve tried connecting to different wifi networks and forgetting the network and retrying it but when I’m just on 4G it works fine.
Solution: Try to check first if this is a software related issue. Make sure the phone is running on the latest software update before performing the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Wipe the cache partition of your phone from the recovery mode. This deletes the temporary data of the device which if corrupt can cause this issue.
- Try to check if a third party app installed in your phone is causing the problem. To do this try connecting to a Wi-Fi connection when the phone is started in Safe Mode. If the issue does not occur in this mode then it is most likely caused by an app. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
S5 Connected To Wi-Fi But No Internet Access
Problem: Phone connects to the password protected wifi at work but I still have no Internet access. It also will not connect to the open wifi at work. I have a Verizon unlocked phone and I am using consumer cellular. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God bless.
Solution: Before doing any troubleshooting make sure that the phone is running on the latest software update. Sometimes an outdated software will prevent the phone from accessing the Internet. Also, make sure that the time and date setting of your phone is set to automatic. The time zone should also be automatic.
Follow the troubleshooting steps listed below to resolve this issue. Move to the next step if the issue remains unresolved.
- Wipe the cache partition of your phone from the recovery mode.
- Delete the Wi-Fi connection from your phone. Scan for the connection then connect to it.
- Try to connect to the Wi-Fi connection when the phone is in Safe Mode. If you are able to go online then the problem could be caused by an app installed in your phone. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
S5 Problem Connecting To Internet Via Mobile Data
Problem: hi, I have problem connecting to the internet via mobile data. Sometimes it shows an ‘H’ symbol and it works, other times it says ‘G’ and nothing happens.. Should it not be saying 3g/4g or something? Is there a way I can fix this, phone is relatively new. Thanks!
Solution: The phone will display an H symbol if it is connected to an HSPA network. This is a connection speed that allows for transmission speeds of up to 21MBPS which is faster than 3G. When your phone display a G signal this means that it is connected to a GPRS network which is slow with a speed of around 30 to 40Kbps. This is the reason why the phone has difficulty accessing the Internet when the G symbol appears.
Don’t worry about these symbols as these are normal. You could be in an area that is not getting any LTE signal. Try going to different locations and check if you get better mobile data connectivity.
S5 Not Connecting To 3G Network
Problem: It is actually a network issue! When i keep my network mode to WCDMA/GSM i don’t get any mobile networks (there is much fluctuations in network) i ‘ m not able to use 3g services on my mobile.. but when i keep my network mode to ONLY GSM it works perfectly but i only get access to 2G internet services whereas i need 3G services..!.
- I have tried factory reset.
- I have wiped cache partition & dalvik cache too.
- Booted my galaxy S5 into safe mode.
- Re-installed the firmware from sammobile.
- When i have inserted another sim in my phone the same problem occurs. But, when i insert my sim into other mobiles the 3G works.
I’m unable to know the issue..! Help me in sorting out the problem… Thanks In Advance
Solution: This looks like an issue caused by a faulty hardware possibly the phone antenna or other related component. I suggest you have your phone checked at an authorized service center.
S5 Not Connecting To Home Wi-Fi
Problem: My phone will not connect with my home wifi. I have not installed any new apps. I tried:
- Soft reset
- Cache Wipe
- Factory Reset
All of my other devices at home are connected to the router with no problem including my wife’s note 4. My phone will search for IP address connect for a second and then disconnect. Then it says slow internet Access point not active
Solution: Make sure to check that your phone is running on the latest software version first.
Try to check if the same issue occurs when your phone tries to connect to a different Wi-Fi network. If your phone can connect without any issues on another Wi-Fi network then the problem could be with the router. Disconnect other wireless devices that are connecting to the router then have your phone connect to the router. If it still does not work then you need to access the router administration page and check if there are any settings that could be preventing your phone from connecting to it.
If your phone does not connect to other Wi-Fi networks then this could already be a hardware related problem. I suggest you bring your phone to an authorized service center and have it checked if this is the case.
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.