Are you having a problem trying to launch a game or the game is no longer working in your Nintendo Switch console? If yes, then you may be having corrupted data on your gaming console. In this post, we will tackle one of the common issues that players usually encounter and how to fix this type of problem on your Nintendo console. We will provide a guide on how to identify Nintendo Switch corrupted data and also include on how to fix this issue on your console.
What is Corrupt Data on Nintendo Switch
When a damaged or corrupted data error occurs, it prevents you from accessing the game or it may load up but won’t function properly. Corrupt data normally occurs when there was a sudden interruption while saving the game, or when the system detects a crucial file missing from the game software.
How to Check for Corrupt Data on Nintendo Switch
Similar to other established and popular gaming consoles, Nintendo Switch is not immune to errors and data being corrupted is one of the common issues that some users are experiencing. The good thing is, the Nintendo Switch has a feature where you can check for corrupt data on the system. Follow the steps below on how to check for corrupt data.
- From the Home Menu, access the System Settings.
- Scroll down and select Data Management found on the left side options.
- On the right pane, select Software.
- From the list of games, select the title of the game you want to check the data.
- Scroll down and select Check for Corrupt Data to begin the process.
- The process to check for corrupt data will take a few minutes. Once completed, a message will show on the screen indicating if a damaged or corrupted game file has been found or not.
How to Fix Nintendo Switch Corrupted Data
When corrupt data has been identified on your Nintendo Switch, you need to download the game again to fix this problem. All you need to do is click the Redownload option found on your screen after the scanning for corrupt data has been completed. This should fix the corrupted game file and you should be able to play the game again.
In case the corrupt data still continues to exist after redownloading the game, you are advised to contact the Nintendo Switch support for further assistance.
OTHER INTERESTING ARTICLES:
- How To Fix Call Of Duty Warzone Dev Error 5759 | NEW 2021
- How To Fix Call Of Duty Warzone Dev Error 6164 | NEW 2021
- How To Fix Death Stranding CE-34878-0 Error | NEW 2021
- How To Fix Outriders Internet Connection Error | NEW 2021
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.