The Amazon Fire Stick is a streaming video player that is shaped like a USB drive and plugs into the HDMI port of your TV. It can turn any television into a Smart TV giving it access to different apps such as Netflix and Hulu just to name a few. There are currently two versions of this device available, the basic version and the 4K version (which is able to stream 4K content). Before using this device you will need to set it up first. Listed below are the steps you need to do to register your Amazon Fire Stick.
Registering your Amazon Fire Stick the quick and easy way
Before you can register the device make sure that you meet the prerequisites.
- A TV that has HD or UHD resolution plus an HDMI port
- A wireless internet connection
- An Amazon account. A regular account will do.
- 2 AAA batteries for your TV Stick remote.
You will need to setup the Amazon Fire Stick
- The Fire TV Stick uses a micro-USB port for power. Plug one end of the cable into the micro-USB port on your Fire TV Stick and the other end into the included power adapter and a power outlet.
- Plug the Amazon Fire TV Stick directly into the HDMI port on the back of your TV
- Turn on the TV and select the channel corresponding to the port you inserted the Fire Stick in
- Put the batteries in your remote
- Hold the HOME button pressed for 10 seconds for it to pair with the Fire Stick
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Fire Stick to your Wi-Fi network
Registering the Fire Stick
- Select Settings
- Go to My Account
- Select Register
- Enter your Amazon account information when prompted
Once you have completed these steps you will complete the registration process of the Fire Stick.
Having Issues with your computer? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.