Hard reset or factory reset is a very important procedure and you must know how to do it because there are times when a phone encounters a problem and may not work properly. A hard reset can alway fix any software-related problems.
In this post, I will walk you through on how to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S9. But before that, I would like to differentiate hard reset from factory reset even if both offers the same benefits. For us here on The Droid Guy, a factory reset means to reset the phone using the Reset option in the Settings. Whereas, the hard reset means to reset your phone using the hardware keys.
If you simply want to regain the usual performance of your phone but you can still access Settings, then you just have to do the Factory Reset. As I said, it offers the same benefits. However, you can no longer boot your phone up into the home screen or your forgot your lock screen pattern or PIN, the that’s where hard reset comes into play. You don’t have to boot your phone up into the home screen to be able to do this. Instead, you have to run the device into the Recovery Mode and do the hard reset from there.
Here’s how to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S9:
Posts you might like
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
I hope that this how-to post has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems. Thanks for reading!