Netflix catalogue is huge but it’s not offered equally for every user. For those outside the United States, Netflix may offer just a fraction of shows that US users enjoy. If you are one of the unlucky Netflix users who are restricted from accessing US content, you must be wondering why your experience is unfair.
You don’t have to worry though as leveling the playing field is easy. Although Netflix is good at blocking users who try to access contents outside their region, there’s one tool that you can use — VPN.
Virtual Private Networks can serve a number of purposes and one of them is to unblock Netflix. And one of the best VPNs out there is ExpressVPN. If you want to watch US Netflix abroad, you can make use of ExpressVPN.
Millions of people uses ExpressVPN to unblock Netflix and so far, it’s been very effective. Learn how to use it on your device so you can begin enjoying your favorite US Netflix shows.
At A Glance: Our Favorite VPN Services
- Our Top Pick
How to use ExpressVPN to watch US Netflix Abroad
ExpressVPN is among the top VPN providers that comes highly recommended not just by The DroidGuy but also by other technical websites around the web. If it’s your first time to use it, this post will walk you through the steps to set it up. For demonstration purposes, we use an Android device to set up ExpressVPN.
Sign up and download ExpressVPN
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN by following this link.
- Once you’ve created your ExpressVPN account, open a web browser on your device and tap Sign in. You’ll need your email address and password for this.
- After signing in, tap Set Up ExpressVPN.
- From the downloads page, you can choose which client you need.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app for Android on your phone or tablet. If you can access Google Play, download the ExpressVPN app from there. If you cannot access Google Play, you can download the APK directly to your Android device by following this link. (ExpressVPN does not recommend downloading their APK from third-party sources.) Keep in mind that downloading APKs from non-official sources can put your data at risk.
- If you downloaded ExpressVPN from the Play Store:
- Tap INSTALL on the Google Play Store page for ExpressVPN.
- Tap ACCEPT, then wait while the app downloads.
- If you downloaded ExpressVPN app as an APK:
- Contact ExpressVPN technical support team for step-by-step process.
- Once the technical team has given you the link to get the APK from, open your web browser and tap the link.
- Tap OK to allow the APK to download. Make sure you have allowed non-Play Store downloads to your device first (Settings > Biometrics and security > Install unknown apps > (choose your browser like Google Chrome).
- Wait for the APK to download.
- After the APK has finished downloading, tap OPEN.
- After opening the APK, you will be asked to approve the installation. Tap INSTALL.
Set up the ExpressVPN app
After ExpressVPN app has been downloaded and installed, you can begin to configure it. Follow the steps below to do that:
- Open the ExpressVPN app.
- On the ExpressVPN app, enter your ExpressVPN username and password, then tap Sign In.
- You can share crash reports and other anonymous analytics to improve ExpressVPN. Tap OK if you agree to share reports.
- You will be invited to set up your VPN and approve connection requests by ExpressVPN. Tap OK and OK to continue.
- To connect to a VPN server location, tap the On Button. By default, ExpressVPN will suggest the location that provides the optimal experience for you, called Smart Location. If you don’t want the current suggested location, simply tap on the More options icon (three dots) and manually pick your server location. You can connect to any of their 160 server locations.
- Fire away and use the internet the way you want to use it!