Knowing how to clear the cache partition on Galaxy Tab A can be helpful in particular situations. This procedure is one of the basic troubleshooting steps in Samsung Galaxy devices. This is often used to fix slow performance problems, issues following an update, or even just to minimize the chance of bugs from developing. Android keeps a set of files, photos, videos, documents, ads, etc. called system in order to load apps quickly. If this cache gets outdated or corrupted, problems may occur. What you want to do in this case is to clear the cache partition where the system cache is stored. This brief tutorial should help you with the steps to clear the cache partition on your tablet.
How to clear cache partition on Galaxy Tab A | steps to refresh system cache
If you encounter an issue on your Galaxy Tab A after installing an update or if the device appears to lag, unresponsive, or sluggish, bad system cache may be to blame. To fix the issue, you can wipe the cache partition to force the system to rebuild the cache. This procedure won’t delete any of your personal data such as photos, videos, documents, texts, etc. so it can be done safely.
To clear the cache partition:
- Turn off the device. This is important. If you can’t turn it off, you’ll never be able to boot to Recovery Mode. If you are not able to shut the device off regularly via the Power button, wait until the phone’s battery is drained. Then, charge the phone for 30 minutes before booting to Recovery Mode.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power button at the same time for 5 seconds.
- Release the Power and Volume Up buttons.
- The Recovery screen menu will now appear.
- Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe cache partition.’
- Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe cache partition.’
- Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to go ahead with clearing of cache partition.
- After clearing the cache partition, press the Power button again for Reboot system now.
- That’s it!
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Posts you might like