Welcome to our #GooglePixel support page for today! We are here to answer some questions sent by some Pixel users over the past few days so we hope you’ll find this article useful.
If you are looking for solutions to your own #Android issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page.
When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
Below are specific topics we’re bringing for you today:
Problem 1: Google Pixel email app won’t show emails, just keeps loading
When scrolling emails I get the dreaded loading screen. For example, I typed in a name of a person I have been emailing back and forth with in the search bar and it finds the same two last emails sent to her then just a loading circle with no more showing up. — Josh Whitbread
Solution: Hi Josh. The loading circle may indicate that the device may still be waiting for the system to display the rest of the email threads. This can be due to poor internet connection, corrupted app cache and/or data, an issue with the email service provider’s end.
Internet connection speed may be slow
To see if it’s an internet connection issue, try switching to another wifi network or use mobile data instead, whichever is applicable. Bear in mind that archived email messages may be buried deep within your email provider’s servers that it may take time to push all of them in your device, especially if you’re using IMAP and not POP. Just give it a little more time and see if the emails will eventually appear.
Try searching for your emails in a separate device
Should internet connection speed is not the cause, the good thing that you want to do is check whether or not there really is more emails that you can recover. You can do that by logging in to your email using a computer. If you can search the emails in your computer fine, then continue your phone troubleshooting. If it’s otherwise, there may be no emails to load up in the first place, which means that you’re simply waiting for non-existent messages.
Clear cache and data of email app
Another reason why this may be happening is an email app bug. To check, make sure that you wipe the cache and data of the email app. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings menu either through your notification shade (drop-down) or through the Settings app in your app drawer.
- Navigate down to “Apps”. This may be renamed to something like Applications or Application Manager in OEM skinned versions of Android 6 or 7.
- Once in there, click on an application.
- You’ll now see a list of stuff that gives you information about the app, including Storage, Permissions, Memory Use, and more.
- These are all clickable items. You’ll want to click on Storage.
- You should now clearly see the Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons for the application. Delete the email app’s cache first and see if you’ll be able to load the emails fine. If not, do the Clear Data option.
Use another email app
If the missing email messages still exists if you search for them using a computer but not when in your phone, consider using another email app like Google’s Gmail. There may be an issue with the current email app you’re using and since we don’t know what the real issue is, you may not be able to fix it at all. Using another email app should make sense in this situation.
Contact your email service provider
If all the things above won’t help, the only remaining option for you is to seek help of your email service provider. Examples of email service providers include Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Apple, and many others. They are not necessarily your carriers. If you’re using Google’s free Gmail for example, you must contact Google or visit its support website for possible solutions.
Problem 2: Google Pixel can’t see password for Yahoo account
Is there a way to see the password behind the dots in the settings for Yahoo email? I forgot the password and only the phone remembers it. I have gone in circles trying to get help from Yahoo and cant. — Glenn Close
Solution: Hi Glenn. For security reasons, you won’t be able to convert the asterisks or dots to allow you to see the password in the native (Gmail) email app in Google Pixel. If you are using a Yahoo email app for your Yahoo email though, try to do the steps in order to change your password:
- Open the Yahoo app.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- If using the Yahoo Mail app, tap Manage Accounts.
- Tap Account info.
- Tap Security settings.
- Enter your security code.
- Tap Change password.
- Tap I would rather change my password.
- Enter the new password and its confirmation and tap Continue.
There are other ways to change your Yahoo password but the most convenient and the one that we suggest is by doing it using a browser, either in your phone or computer. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Yahoo Account security page.
- Click Change password or I forgot my password, whichever is available.
- Enter and confirm your new password.
- Click Continue.
Keep in mind that changing your Yahoo password is not straightforward. A verification code will be sent to whichever verification method you chose before. A verification key or account key can be sent to your phone number or alternate email so make sure that you’re ready to access those when prompted.
Problem 3: Google Pixel Google Assistant setup
How do I get my cellphone to do the verbal texting and calling that it has done in the past? I used to have a LG 4G that would take my verbal commands and text or call and it stopped right before it went to cellphone heaven. I now have a Google Pixel and was able to get that to work one time yesterday, but it won’t work now. Is it my carrier, the phone or something else? It acts like it’s going to send a message or make a call, but they don’t go through. Help! I have been trying to look up this problem for a long time. — Hfam76
Solution: Hi Hfam76. What you need to do is to configure Google Assistant properly. Once that’s setup correctly, you should be able to interact with your SMS app or call your contacts using your voice. Make sure that you visit this link on how to configure Google Assistant.
Problem 4: Google Pixel can’t send or receive MMS
My Google phone isn’t able to send or receive photos through text message. Anything I can do to fix this?– Dewenna
Solution: Hi Dewenna. First, you want to make sure that mobile data is working in your phone. MMS only works when a phone is connected to a carrier’s mobile data service. If you’re not sure about the status of your mobile data service, contact your carrier.
Secondly, you need to configure the right APN settings in your phone in order for mobile data and MMS to work. If you haven’t tried checking that, again, talk to your carrier on how to do it.
Thirdly, unlocked phones from another carrier may not have a non-functioning MMS capability. This is true in a lot of Verizon phones. For example, if your phone originally came from Verizon (and it has logos and other indicators that it’s a Verizon phone), MMS may not work when you use it in another network.
Lastly, if you’re positive that mobile data is working and in fact, MMS worked before, there may be an unknown issue preventing MMS service from working. Make sure that you factory reset your phone to see the difference. Here’s how:
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Press and then hold the Home and Volume UP keys, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge shows on the screen, release the Power key but continue holding the Home and Volume Up keys.
- When the Android logo shows, you may release both keys and leave the phone be for about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Using the Volume Down key, navigate through the options and highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset.’
- Once highlighted, you may press the Power key to select it.
- Now highlight the option ‘Yes — delete all user data’ using the Volume Down key and press the Power button to select it.
- Wait until your phone is finished doing the Master Reset. Once completed, highlight ‘Reboot system now’ and press the Power key.
- The phone will now reboot longer than usual.
Before you factory reset your phone be sure that you do the following:
- Backup your data, files, pictures, music or everything that’s saved in your phone’s internal storage. The S7 Edge has a microSD card slot, so if you mounted an SD card, simply move them over to make sure they won’t be deleted.
- Remove your Google account and disengage your screen locks to avoid tripping the Factory Reset Protection (FRP) or the “Anti-theft” feature as Samsung calls it.
- Make sure your phone has enough battery to finish the process because it might end up being bricked if Master Reset is interrupted.
Problem 5: Google Pixel Samsung Gear S3 no SMS and Facebook notification
Hello. I just purchased a Samsung S3 classic watch for my husband. He has a Google Pixel phone. I thought since both are Android products that they’d be completely compatible and he would be able to receive text messages on his smart watch. Well, it’s not working. Is there any way for him to receive text messages on his smart watch with his Google phone? If no, is there a watch you would recommend? I’m so disappointed, that something as basic as text messages and Facebook doesn’t seem to work on his watch with that phone. ? — Katie Steinhauer
Solution: Hi Katie. First of all, if you’re referring to this smartwatch, it’s operating system is not Android or Android Wear but Tizen. Despite that, the Samsung Gear S3 classic is designed to not just give time but more other smarter features.
Secondly, you must set both devices (Gear S3 and Pixel) properly in order to be able to function as advertised. Since you indicated that you’re with Verizon Wireless, try to check this video on how to pair the Gear S3 with your husband’s phone.
Thirdly, we’re still waiting for Facebook support on this device as of this writing so you won’t be able use it for your Facebook needs. Not exactly what you expect but hopefully, the Facebook app support will be made available soon.
Finally, if you got the Gear S3 watch via Verizon, make sure to contact them for more assistance should you need them.