Some owners of the new Google Pixel 3 have reported having issues with Facebook. According to some, the app crashes frequently. Applications may crash from time to time and more often those crashes aren’t really that serious. You just have to do something that would refresh your phone’s memory and that could be the end of the problem.
In this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your phone with Facebook app that keeps crashing. I will tell you the most practical ways to get this problem sorted out. The thing is that it’s easier to fix app problems if the app in question is a third party. So, continue reading as this article may be able to help you one way or another.
Before going further, if you found this post because you were trying to find a solution to your problem, then try to visit our troubleshooting page as we’ve already addressed most of the commonly reported issues with the phone. We’ve already provided solutions to some of the problems reported by our readers so try to find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you and if you need further assistance, fill up our Android issues questionnaire and hit submit.
What to do if Facebook keeps crashing on Pixel 3
We just have to see if this problem is just due to a minor firmware glitch and if not, then we can proceed with troubleshooting the application. That said, here’s what you should do about this issue…
Perform the forced reboot procedure – this is the best way to rule out the possibility that the issue is due to a minor glitch as glitches can easily be fixed by this procedure. Just press and hold the power key for 30 seconds or more and your phone will reboot normally. After this, open Facebook to see if it still crashes. If it still does, then move on to the next procedure.
Clear Facebook’s cache and data – this will reset the app back to its default settings and configuration. If the problem is due to some corrupt cache and data, then this will be enough to make the app work perfectly again. You can clear the app’s cache and data by going to the Settings Menu and then look for Applications. Choose Facebook and you can reset it from inside the app’s settings. If it continues to keep to crashing after this, then move on to the next solution.
Uninstall Facebook and reinstall it – if the first two procedures failed to fix the problem, then this will fix it provided that you have no issues with other apps because if there is, then this isn’t just an app issue but a firmware problem. So, assuming that the only app that keeps on crashing is Facebook, then you just have to uninstall it and then download it from the Play Store again. That should do it. However, if you also have problems with other apps, then you must backup your important files and data and then do the master reset. Here’s how you do that…
- Make sure your phone is turned off completely. So, press and hold the power key for a few minutes until the device powers down.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power key together for a few seconds.
- When the Fastboot Mode shows on the screen, release both keys.
- Using the Volume keys, highlight Recovery Mode and then press Power key to boot the phone into it.
- If you see the Android on the screen, press and hold the power key for a couple of seconds and then press the volume up key once.
- Once you’re inside the Recovery Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate through the options. Highlight “wipe data/factory reset” and then press the power key to select it.
- You need to confirm that you really need to wipe the data of your phone so highlight Yes and then press the power key to choose it.
- Wait until your phone finished doing the reset, which may take several seconds to a couple of minutes.
- When the reset is complete, highlight and choose ‘Reboot system now’ to complete the process.
I hope that this troubleshooting guide can help you fix the problem with your Google Pixel 3. If you have other issues, feel free to contact us.
- How to fix Google Pixel 3 that won’t turn on?
- How to insert or remove SIM card for Google Pixel 3
- How to take a screenshot on your Google Pixel 3 smartphone
- How to fix Google Pixel 3 XL that won’t charge
- How to install Fortnite on Google Pixel 3
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.