Pairing issues on the Galaxy Buds is not that common but a lot of people are still complaining about it from time to time. Just like any Bluetooth device, your Samsung Buds can suffer from a lot of factors that affect these types of devices. In majority of cases though, connection issues with the Buds are temporary and usually go away on their own.
If you’ve been getting Bluetooth connection issues on your Buds lately and you have no idea how to deal with it, this guide should help.
What causes Galaxy Buds pairing issues
These are some of the common causes that we encounter for this issue:
- Bluetooth connection bug
- Unknown software bug
- Hardware issue (rare)
Solutions to Samsung Galaxy Buds pairing issues
These are the potential solutions that you can do to fix the problem.
Delete Bluetooth profile of your Samsung Buds
The first potential solution that you want to try in this situation is to refresh the Bluetooth connection between the devices.
To do that, you want to unpair your Galaxy Buds from your phone. Here’s how it’s done:
- Open Settings.
- Tap Connections.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Tap the cog icon or settings icon.
- Tap Unpair.
Try connecting your Buds with another smartphone
Another way to fix Galaxy Buds pairing issues is to force your earpieces to be connected to a secondary phone. This not only fixes temporary connection bugs but it can also help you know if the issue lies with the main phone, or with the Buds itself.
If your Buds connects to the second phone fine and it works as expected, then the issue might lie with your main phone. You’ll have to troubleshoot that phone before connecting your Buds to it again.
If your Buds won’t connect or work with the second phone, you’ll have to continue with the rest of the troubleshooting steps below.
Restart your Samsung Buds
Just like any electronic gadget, your Buds may encounter problems or bugs. Although it’s rare to have issues with this top notch Samsung device, we cannot rule out problems 100% of the time. If your Buds appear to be restarting on its own, won’t connect, won’t turn on, or won’t charge, you should consider restarting it first. This is a basic troubleshooting step in any of these cases.
Restarting your Buds is easy and can be done in less than 1 minute. If your Galaxy Buds is still not pairing with your phone, make sure that you restart it.
Below are the easy steps to restart Buds:
- If the charging case is low on power (indicated by red light), or if the earbuds have less than 10% battery power, make sure that you connect the charging case to a charger first for at least 10 minutes. This should give the charging case and the earbuds more than enough power while you are troubleshooting an issue.
- If you haven’t done it yet, put the earbuds in their respective charging case slot.
- Close the charging case.
- Wait for at least 7 seconds.
- Reopen the charging case and see if the earbuds connects to your phone or gadget automatically.
- That’s it! You’ve now restarted your Buds successfully.
Return software settings to defaults (Factory Reset)
If you continue to still have Galaxy Buds pairing issues at this time, you’ll want to clear its software settings with a factory reset. This is usually an effective solution to most Buds issues.
These are the steps to factory reset your Buds:
- Make sure that your Buds is fully charged. Be sure to charge it using the charging case for at least 10 minutes.
- On your phone, open the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Scroll down and tap About earbuds.
- Tap Reset earbuds.
- Tap Reset to confirm.
NOTE: If you are using a non-Samsung device like an iPhone, you won’t be able to access the reset function of your Buds. Find an Android phone, install the Galaxy Wearable app from the Play Store, then reset your Buds using the app.
- How To Fix Buds Won’t Turn On Issue
- How to charge your Buds
- How to locate misplaced Buds | find your missing Samsung earbuds
- How to hard reset your Buds | easy steps to factory reset or master reset
Get help from us
Having Issues with your phone? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help. We also create videos for those wanting to follow visual instructions. Visit our Youtube page for troubleshooting.