This post shows how to clear app data on Redmi Note 8 Pro. Read on if you need help clearing out any corrupted residual app files that might have caused sudden app malfunction on your Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone.
MIUI Clear App Data
Clearing app data deletes all data associated with the app, giving that app a clean fresh start. After clearing data from an app, all files that are stored as cache in that app will be removed. All your in-app preferences, logins and settings are likewise deleted.
Clearing data basically resets the app to its default state, making it act like when it was first downloaded and installed on the device. Clearing app data is often recommended among other helpful tweaks to save storage space.
If you’re wondering how to get this done on your Redmi Note 8 Pro, I’ve mapped out a simple walkthrough as follows.
Posts you might like
Easy Steps to Clear App Data on Redmi Note 8 Pro
The following steps are also applicable when clearing app data on other Xiaomi phones with the same MIUI version.
1. To get started, access the main settings menu by tapping on the Settings icon from the Home or Apps screen. Just look for the gear icon and then tap on it.
2. While on the main settings menu, scroll down to find Battery and performance, and then tap on it to proceed.
Battery and storage features will load up on the next screen.
3. Scroll down to the section where you can see battery consumption details by individual apps. Then, tap to select the app that you’d like to clear data from. Let’s just choose Instagram as an example. So, let’s tap Instagram from the list.
The Instagram app info will show up next. Here, you will see how much storage is being used by the app, its data usage and battery consumption.
4. Beneath the App info, you will see three main controls or commands including Clear data, Uninstall and Force stop. Select the command to Clear data.
5. If prompted, tap Clear all data from the pop-up screen.
6. Read the final warning and then tap OK to confirm.
All app data including files, settings, accounts, databases, and cache will be permanently deleted, putting Instagram back to its factory state.
The next time you launch Instagram, you will need to re-enter your account credentials including username and password. App preferences and permissions are likewise restored to defaults.
And that’s how to clear app data on the Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone.
More Video Tutorials
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting clips on different mobile phones and tablets, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
You might also want to read:
- How to Clear Galaxy Note 20 App Cache and Data
- Difference between Clear Cache and Clear Data in Android
- How to Clear App Cache and Data on Samsung Galaxy S21
- How to Clear App Data on Samsung Galaxy M51| Remove Junk Files