This post will teach you how to check Play Store updates on Samsung Galaxy Tab S6. Read on to view a step-by-step walkthrough.
Like any other apps, Google Play Store also receives periodic updates to ensure optimum functions and system stability.
In most cases, you might not realize that the Play Store app on your device is already updated given that it’s a pre-installed application and thus, it authorizes itself to update without seeking the user’s permission. However, there are some instances when a flaw occurs and makes the Google Play Store unable to update on its own. This is when updating the app through the APK is needed.
The latest Play Store version (as of this writing) is 21.0.17-all. Eligible devices are those running Android 4.0 and later OS.
To check and ensure if you have the latest Play Store version, feel free to refer to this short demo.
Easy Steps to Check Play Store Updates on your Galaxy Tab S6
Time Needed : 5 minutes
The following steps are applicable to the Galaxy Tab S6 interface and other Android devices running on Android 10 or later OS. There may be some slight variations on the actual screens and menu items between device models.
- When ready, go to your tablet's Home screen then swipe up from the mid-bottom of the display.
Doing so will let you access the Apps viewer. On the Apps viewer, you will see different icons that serve as shortcut controls to built-in services and third-party applications installed on the device.
- To continue, locate the Google Play Store icon and then tap on it.
The Google Play Store app will launch on the next window.
On the Play Store app, you can search and browse for content to download.
Just make sure you've signed into the correct Google account. Otherwise, enter your credentials to sign into your Google account.
- To access the Play Store settings, tap the Menu icon represented by three short horizontal lines on the top-leftmost corner of the Search bar.
A side menu opens with a list of different items and options to manage.
- Scroll down to the menu items and then tap Settings.
Another window opens with the main settings menu of the Google Play Store application.
- Scroll down a bit to view more items.
Then, tap the Play Store version option under the About section.
The device will then start checking for available updates for the Google Play Store app.
- If the app is updated, you'll get a pop-up message that says Google Play Store is up to date. This likewise denotes that there's no need for you to go any further. Instead, just tap OK to close the pop-up menu.
If a new version is available, read and review the software information and then follow the rest of the onscreen instructions.
- Android 10
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
The latest version of Google Play Store can also be downloaded via an APK through websites, tech blogs, and trusted forums.
Utilizing an APK mirror can also be deemed among other options.
To do so, just access the APK Mirror website on your browser then search for Google Play Store. All versions of the Play Store app will then be displayed at the lower section of the page.
Locate and then tap the Download icon next to the Google Play Store version that you’d like to download and install on your device.
And that covers everything in this tutorial.
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting videos on different mobile devices, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
Hope this helps!
- How to Get App Update Notifications on Galaxy S20 Play Store
- How to fix Google Play Store that stops working or keeps crashing on your Nokia 6 2019 (easy steps)
- How to fix Google Play Store that keeps crashing, won’t load properly on your Huawei Mate 10 Lite [Troubleshooting Guide]