Applications like Instagram are well-maintained and updates are actually rolled out regularly to make sure they run smoothly. But no app or device is perfect so you will always encounter issues every now and then. Such is the case with some owners of the Samsung Galaxy A30 who reported that Instagram keeps stopping on their phones for some reason. But the thing about third party applications is that when they start to crash or not work properly, the problem after often limited to the app itself. Needless to say, it’s pretty easy to fix.
So in this post, I will guide you in troubleshooting your Galaxy A30 that has some issues with Instagram. We will look into all possibilities and then rule them out one after another until it becomes clearer to us what the problem really is all about. So if you’re an owner of this device and are currently being bugged by the same issue, continue reading because this article may be able to help you one way or another.
For owners who are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop by our troubleshooting page for we have already addressed some of the most common problems with this device. Browse through the page to find issues that are similar to yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work or if you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us by filling up our Android issues questionnaire.
Fixing a Galaxy A30 with ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ error
The reason why third party apps that keeps crashing are pretty easy to fix is that when all else fails, you can always remove them from your device and that should take the problem away with it. But of course, we know that this application could be important to you. So we will try to fix it so that you can continue using it. With that being said, here’s what you need to do:
First solution: Perform the Forced Restart
If you were able to use the app properly and then the ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ error showed up without apparent reason or cause, the problem could only be a result of a pretty minor firmware issue. There are times when glitches occur and when it happens, some apps may be affected by it, and this error might be just one of those cases. So, perform this procedure and see if the problem still occurs after this:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and don’t release it yet.
- While holding down the volume button, press and hold the Power key as well.
- Keep both keys held down together for 15 seconds or until the Galaxy A30 logo shows on the screen.
Once your phone has successfully rebooted, try to see if the problem still occurs when you open the app. If the error Instagram keeps stopping still shows up, then move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Clear the cache and data of Instagram app
As I mentioned earlier, when a problem like this occur, the problem could only be with the app. Since the first solution failed to fix the problem, then the next thing you have to do is to reset Instagram. You can do so by clearing its cache and data. Here’s how you do that:
- Go to the screen where the Instagram icon is located.
- Tap and hold on the Instagram icon until options show.
- Tap App info.
- Touch Storage.
- Tap Clear cache.
- Now, tap Clear data and touch OK to confirm.
Instagram will be brought back to its default settings and if this is just a problem with the app caused by some corrupt cache and data files, then this procedure should be able to fix it. However, if the ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ still shows up on your device, then move on to the next solution.
Third solution: Uninstall Instagram and reinstall it
If the first two procedures failed to fix the problem, then the next thing you have to do is to remove the application from your device. This will also remove all its associations with the firmware and other apps. After which, reinstall the app to make sure you’re using the most recent version of the app. Here’s how you do those things:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap the Settings icon.
- Find and then tap Apps.
- Find Instagram and tap on it.
- Tap Storage.
- Touch clear cache.
- Touch Clear data and tap OK to confirm.
- Tap the back key once and then touch Uninstall.
- Confirm that you want to remove the app from your phone.
Once you’ve successfully removed the app from your phone, it’s time you reinstall it.
- Launch the Play Store.
- Search for ‘instagram’.
- Tap the Install icon next to Instagram, and wait until the installation is finished.
- Once the app is successfully installed, tap Open to launch it.
Basically, these are the things you need to do to fix the error ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ and make the app work perfectly again. However, if the issue continues or if it happens every now and then, you better reset your device as there could be an issue with the firmware. It’s best to reset the device through the Recovery Mode as the data directory will be formatted. But prior to that, make sure to backup your important files and data, and then remove your Google account so that you won’t be locked out. When ready, follow these steps to perform the Master Reset.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.
- When the Galaxy A30 logo shows, release all three keys.
- Your Galaxy A30 will continue to boot up into the Recovery Mode. Once you see a black screen with blue and yellow texts, proceed to the next step.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling out this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. You may also visit our Youtube channel as we publish helpful videos every week.