Pokémon Unite is one of the latest games released exclusively for Nintendo Switch users and expected to be available on mobile this coming September. The free to play MOBA game has been well received by both critics and Pokémon fanatics with its amazing features. However, some users have encountered Pokémon Unite connection issues recently when trying to access the online-only game with the error message “Failed to reconnect to the server” reflected on the screen. If you are routed on this page for the same issue, check some of the solutions that you will find on this page.
Causes of Pokémon Unite Connection Issues
Normally, unreliable internet service is the main factor why users encounter connection issues while playing certain games. Aside from this, game server outages can also be the culprit especially if there are a lot of players affected with the same issue at the same time.
How to Fix Pokémon Unite Connection Issues
Here are some of the possible solutions that we have gathered from other Nintendo Switch players that you can apply.
Fix #1: Check for Pokémon Unite server outages.
Visit the Pokémon Unite official website if the error message “Failed to reconnect to the server” has been encountered. Information regarding game server outages are usually reported on their page. Try to access the game at a later time if an outage has been reported.
Fix #2: Restart the Nintendo Switch console.
If there are no outages, restarting the Nintendo Switch should be one of the immediate actions to resolve the issue. As the console might be the factor that causes the error message to exist.
- Press and hold the Power button located at the top left of the Nintendo Switch until the Power Options are reflected.
- Select Power Options.
- Press Restart. Wait for a few minutes until the Nintendo logo is reflected on the screen.
- Launch Pokémon Unite to check if the connection error has been successfully eliminated.
Fix #3: Update the Pokémon Unite game software.
Check if there are any updates available for the game and install the necessary updates to fix the error message encountered. Refer to the steps below to identify if there are any released updates that have not been installed yet.
- From the Home Menu of your Nintendo Switch, go to the Pokémon Unite game icon.
- Press the + or – button on your Joy-con.
- Select Software Update.
- Select Via the Internet.
- Press OK after the system has completed scanning for updates.
Fix #4: Update the Nintendo Switch.
Same with the game software, Nintendo Switch console needs to install updates available for the system. This is to prevent any possible incompatibilities with the games found in the console and install fixes for bugs or glitches that might be present in the device.
Fix #5: Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet.
The console might not be connected to the correct wireless network which causes the Pokémon Unite problem to occur. Ensure that the Nintendo Switch is connected to the internet by following these steps:
- Access System Settings from the Home Menu of your gaming device.
- Scroll down and select Internet.
- Choose Internet Settings found on the right pane.
- Select a reliable wireless network from the list of registered networks on your console. A checkmark will be reflected once the console is connected to the selected network.
After you have successfully made the changes and connect the console to the wireless network, try to play the game to check if the error has been fixed.
Fix #7: Restart your modem and wireless router.
Restarting the wireless network may also do the trick to resolve the problem. Similar to any devices you have at home, it is advisable to reboot your modem and router once in a while. This will help refresh the internet connection of your devices and also remove random bugs that might have developed in your network which can cause the internet to slow down.
Fix #8: Improve the internet connection of your console.
When the internet connection is too slow or cutting in and out, errors similar to the one encountered in the Pokemon Unite are expected. Since Pokemon Unite is an online-only game, it requires a stable and reliable connection. Here are some tips to improve the performance of your internet to resolve Pokemon Unite connection issues:
- Move the Nintendo Switch closer to the router.
- Transfer any wireless devices or metal objects that can cause interference.
- Try to connect to a different wifi network if available.
- Adjust the wifi channels in your router.
OTHER INTERESTING ARTICLES:
- How To Use PS4 Controller On GTA 5 Epic Games in 2022 | NEW
- How To Fix PS4 HDMI Not Working Issue | NEW & Updated 2021
- How To Fix Games Won’t Run In Fullscreen | Windows 10 | 2021
- How To Fix PS4 Spotify Not Working in 2022 | NEW & Updated
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.