Some users have reported a Nintendo Switch 2005-0005 error when attempting to play any games on their console. Other players have encountered the error code as the screen freezes after turning on the Switch console. If you encountered the same problem on your Switch, continue to check this page to learn how to resolve this error code.
Causes of Nintendo Switch 2005-0005
As we have investigated, the error code 2005-0005 usually occurs when there is something corrupted in the Nintendo console. The corrupted file can be caused by an incomplete update with the game’s software or the console’s system. There are also other underlying factors that can cause the error code 2005-0005 to exist which are enumerated below.
Random bugs or glitches.
Aside from corrupted software, one of the known factors that can cause the error code 2005-0005 is due to bugs and glitches that may have developed in your Nintendo Switch console.
Damaged microSD card.
If the microSD inserted in the gaming console gets damaged, it affects the overall performance of the system and can also lead to the 2005-0005 error code. Ensure to always use a compatible microSD card in your gaming device. The Nintendo Switch supports the following type of microSDs:
- microSD (up to 2 GB)
- microSDHC (4 GB – 32 GB)
- microSDXC (64 GB and above)
How to Fix Nintendo Switch 2005-0005 error?
Discussed below are some of the effective solutions that we have identified from the Nintendo page and gathered from other Switch users who were dealing with the same error before.
Fix #1: Turn off your Nintendo Switch.
Power off your Nintendo Switch console when the error exists right after you have turned on the device. Restarting the gaming device can fix the problem as it resets the Nintendo system. Random bugs and other issues can be eliminated because of this simple process. Here’s how to power cycle your Nintendo console:
- Hold down the Power button located at the top left of the console for at least five seconds.
- Select Power Options from the menu.
- Then select Power Off.
- Wait for at least two minutes and turn on the console again to check if the error has been removed successfully.
Fix #2: Do a factory reset on your Nintendo Switch.
If the error still persists after the solution above, then it is best to try a factory reset without removing your saved data. This is possible by using the recovery mode option. Check the instructions provided for your reference.
- Turn off your Nintendo Switch.
- Press and hold the Volume Up (+) and Volume Down (-) buttons.
- While holding the volume buttons, press the Power button to turn on the Switch.
- When the recovery page reflects on the screen, select Restore Factory Settings Without Deleting Save Data.
- Take note of the instructions provided on the screen and select Next.
- Then select Restore Factory Settings Without Deleting Save Data to complete the recovery process.
Fix #3: Check if the Nintendo software is up to date.
Software needs to be always updated in order to resolve the error and prevent other issues from happening.
Fix #4: Update the game’s software.
If the error occurred while playing, check for any updates available for the game and install them.
Fix #5: Replace the microSD inserted in the Nintendo Switch.
Use a different microSD in your console if you have already tried the solutions above and the error code 2005-0005 still persists. However, if there are no replacements available, you can also try to reformat the microSD in your computer.
Fix #6: Contact Nintendo Support to book for repair.
Reach out to Nintendo Support if the Switch still freezes and prevents you from playing any games. This is recommended especially if all the solutions we have provided are unable to eliminate the error.
OTHER INTERESTING ARTICLES:
- How To Fix PS4 CE-34632-8 Error | NEW & Updated 2021
- How To Fix PS4 CE-33945-4 Error | New Guide 2021
- How To Fix World Of Tanks Crashing On Steam | NEW & Updated 2021
- How To Fix Nintendo eShop Not Available Error | NEW & Updated 2021
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.