World of Tanks is a free to play multiplayer game developed by WarGaming company which features combat vehicles from the mid-20th century. As the game continues to provide players with a lot of content and several gameplay to choose from, different issues are also encountered. One of the common errors that users have been complaining about is the World of Tanks crashing on Steam. In this article, we will discuss the common reasons why this problem exists and show you how to deal with it.
Causes of World of Tanks Crashing on Steam
World of Tanks crashing on Steam can be triggered by several factors. Here are some of the usual culprits that can affect a certain game no matter how polished it was developed.
- hardware limitation
- outdated graphics card driver
- Some game files are missing or damaged
- Steam application is not up to date
- conflict with other applications currently running on your PC
- computer is using an outdated Operating System
How to Fix World of Tanks Crashing on Steam?
In order to resolve World of Tanks crashing on Steam, users may need to try two or more solutions provided on this page.
Fix #1: Check if the PC meets the game’s minimum requirement.
Sometimes, the main reason why a game crashes is when the system requirement for the game has not been met. You need to ensure that the Windows PC you are using is compatible with the game. For your reference, the minimum requirements for the game are given below.
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8, 10
- Processor: 2 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600, ATI Radeon HD 4550
- Storage: 3 GB available space
Fix #2: Update the graphics drivers.
The game crashes when graphics drivers are outdated. It is essential to always update the drivers when available to ensure that it is compatible with the games installed in your PC. The steps are as follows:
- Right click the Start button located at the bottom left of the screen.
- Select Device Manager. You can also access Device Manager by accessing the Control Panel.
- Select Display Adapters.
- Then right click the adapter found under the Display Adapters category.
- Select Update Driver. Wait for a few minutes to complete the process. Once completed, the performance when you play the games on your Windows PC should also improve.
Fix #3: Check for any updates available for the game.
There are instances when a game is not properly working because of being outdated. You must always install updates for the games in order to eliminate known bugs or glitches and also download enhancement of existing features for the games. You may refer to the guide given below on how to do it:
- Launch the Steam application.
- Go to the Library.
- Look for the World of Tanks and right click the icon.
- Then select Properties from the drop down options.
- Go to the Updates.
- In this section, you have the option to either update the game automatically or manually moving forward.
Fix #4: Repair damaged game files.
Scan and repair any broken game files from the World of Tanks application to resolve the issue encountered when playing.
- On the Steam application, select the Library tab.
- Right click the game you want.
- Select Properties.
- Choose the Local Files tab.
- Select Verify Integrity of Game Files to begin the repair process. Run the game to check if the issue has been eliminated.
Fix #5: Close active applications on your Windows desktop.
Try to close all third-party programs that are running on your Windows PC to eliminate any conflict with the free game. After you have closed the unnecessary programs in your computer, try to open the game to check if the problem has been fixed.
Fix #6: Update your Windows software.
Aside from updating the drivers in your computer, it is also necessary to do a Windows update from time to time. When you download updates on your PC, it strengthens the security of your device and allows you to access new features included with these updates. Ensure to restart your device before launching the application to play.
Fix #7: Uninstall and reinstall the game.
If the solutions above have not eliminated the problem, you may need to delete and install the application again. Remove the existing file first on your computer before you install it again.
OTHER INTERESTING ARTICLES:
- How To Fix Nintendo eShop Not Available Error | NEW & Updated 2021
- How To Fix Fortnite AS-1041 Error | NEW & Updated 2021
- How To Fix Roblox Teleport Failed Error | Error 769 | NEW 2021
- How To Fix Genshin Impact Crashing on Epic Games | NEW 2021
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.