Most Nintendo fanatics are interested in playing and competing with friends and family members on famous multiplayer games such as Fortnite, Super Mario Smash Bros. Ultimate, Splatoon 2 and Rocket League to name a few. So it is necessary to know when your friends are online to invite them to play with you on games. This article will serve as your guide on how to identify Nintendo Switch Online Friends as we will provide the steps for you.
How to Add Friends to Play on Nintendo Switch
To begin playing with friends on a handful of games from Nintendo, Switch players need to add friends on their Nintendo account. You can add a friend when you accept or send friend requests to players. There are four ways to send the request such as search with friend code, search for local users, search from suggested friends, or search with users you have played with.
You may check our website for the article regarding how to send friend requests and add friends on the Nintendo console using these four methods. A detailed step by step instruction is available that you can use as a guide for new Switch owners.
How to Know When Nintendo Switch Friends Are Online
In order to know when your friends are online on Nintendo Switch, you just simply enable the Friends Notifications feature on the console. This will notify you when one of the added friends on the list is connected to the internet or when you receive friend requests. Ensure that the Nintendo User Profile is linked to a Nintendo Account for this feature to work. Here’s how to enable Friend Notifications on your Nintendo game console:
- Go to the Home Screen of your Nintendo Switch.
- Access System Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down and select Notifications from the sidebar.
- Select Friend Notifications on the right pane.
- Choose the profile you want the Friend Notifications enabled.
- Tap Friend Request Notifications to turn the settings on.
- Tap Online Users to turn it on.
- Tap Notify When Friends Go Online.
- Select which of these three categories you prefer: All friends, Best friends or No one.
- Tap Back on the screen or press the B button found on the right Joy con to go back to the Notification Settings.
When the steps are completed, the Friend Notifications should be successfully enabled. Also, A blue dot will show to each friend reflected on the Friend List section of your Switch every time they are connected to the internet. The Invitation Notifications and Voice Chat Notifications are also found in this section. A user can enable both if you want to receive notifications when players send you an invite or when they send a chat on your Nintendo account to play.
Posts you might like
How to Disable Friend Notifications on the Nintendo Switch
When the time comes you find the alerts bothersome and you don’t want to use the Friend Notifications feature on your Switch, just follow these steps to disable this function:
- Access the Home Screen on your console.
- Select System Settings.
- Scroll down and select Notifications from the side bar.
- Select Friend Notifications.
- Choose the profile where you want the Friend Notifications disabled.
- To turn off the feature, tap Friend Request Notification.
- Tap Online Users to turn off.
- Tap Notify When Friends Go Online and select No one.
- Press the Home Button to go back to the main screen.
These easy steps should disable the Friend Notifications function on your Nintendo console and you won’t be notified if there’s any game request from your Friend List.
Other interesting articles:
- How To Fix Watch Dogs Legion Lag Or FPS Drop On PC | NEW 2020!
- How To Fix Watch Dogs Legion Crashing | Easy Solutions | NEW 2020!
- How To Fix NHL 21 Unable To Connect To EA Servers | NEW 2020!
- How To Fix NHL 21 Crashing Or Freezing | Easy Solutions | NEW 2020!
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.