Are you wondering how to go about setting up text notifications on Galaxy S10? This article gives you the steps to do it. Make sure to follow the instructions below.
How to set up text message notification settings
Before setting up your text message notifications, ensure your apps are updated as the following steps apply to the most recent version. Once you’ve done that, follow the steps below to configure the settings you want.
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Open Messages app. If prompted to change the default SMS app, tap YES to confirm.
- Tap the Menu icon (middle-right).
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap the Show notification switch to turn on or off.
- Once you’ve turned on the switch, there are a number of things to configure:
- Tap App icon badges to turn on or off. When on, a small dot appears on the app icon indicating there’s a notification you may have missed.
- From the Categories section, select any of the following:
- General notifications
- New messages
- Select any of the following to configure (The available options may vary):
- Notification style. (Tap then select the desired option (e.g., Sound and pop-up, Sound, Silent, Silent and minimized).
- Sound (Tap then select the desired option (e.g., Default, Silent, etc.).
- Vibrate (Note Tap to turn on or off.)
- App icon badges (Tap to turn on or off.)
- Lock screen (Tap then select the desired option (e.g., Show content, Hide content, Don’t show notifications).
- Ignore Do not disturb (Tap to turn on or off.)
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Twitter pages.