A hard reset is necessary when your Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus no longer responds as smoothly as before or if there are some issues with the firmware and you don’t know where to look. Moreover, if your phone can no longer boot into the home screen, a reset would also be necessary. It is therefore, important for you to learn how to hard reset your device as you may need to use it in the future. Continue reading as I will walk you through in resetting your phone.
Before we proceed, if you’re looking for a solution to a problem with your phone, try to browse through our troubleshooting pages to see if we support your device. If your phone is in the list of our supported devices, then go to the troubleshooting page and look for similar problems. Feel free to use our solutions and workarounds. Don’t worry it’s free. But if you still need our help, then fill up our Android issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
Things you need to do before the hard reset
Before the reset, there are a few things you need to do to make sure you won’t lose your files and data and not get locked out.
- Make sure to create a backup of your important files and data if possible. If you can still access your phone, then you can surely backup your files.
- Remove your Samsung account. During the process, you will be asked to enter your Samsung account credentials and while it’s not a problem at all, it’s better to just remove your Samsung account before the reset so that everything will go smoothly.
- Remove your Google account. Now, this is very important if you’re trying to hard reset your phone. You must know your Google account and its password as you will have to use them to set your phone up after the reset or better yet, remove your account before the reset so that you won’t get locked out.
How to hard reset your Galaxy J6+
Once everything is set, follow these steps to hard reset your Galaxy J6 Plus…
- Turn off the device complete.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Volume Down key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Galaxy J6+ logo shows on the screen, release the Power key but continue holding the volume buttons.
- Once you can see small blue texts over black background, the phone is already in recovery mode.
- Press the Volume down to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight ‘Yes’.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
And that’s how you hard reset your Galaxy J6+. I hope that we’ve been able to help you one way or another. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.