Some users reported that their Galaxy S20 is frozen and would no longer respond. Some units are frozen on a certain app while others are stuck on a black screen. Such a problem reportedly started after a minor update, although there were users who claimed the issue started on its own without apparent reason or cause.
So in this post, I will be guiding you on how to make your frozen galaxy s20 respond again. There’s one very effective solution against this problem and that’s what I’m gonna share with you. If you’re one of the owners of this device and are currently having a similar problem, continue reading as this article may be able to help you.
What To Do If Galaxy S20 Is Frozen
Time Needed : 5 minutes
Regardless of whether your phone is frozen on a certain screen or stuck on a black screen, the procedure I’m gonna share with you will fix both. That said, here’s what you need to do:
- Forced restart
That’s right! When it comes to fixing a smartphone that’s stuck on a certain app or won’t respond no matter how many times you press or hold the power key, this is the most effective.
This works 100% if the phone is stuck on a certain screen but still powered on. It’s because most of the time, such an issue is due to a firmware crash. So, if your phone just stopped responding for some reason, here’s what you have to do:
1. Press and hold the volume down button and the power key for 10 seconds. This will trigger the phone to turn off and power back on.
2. Once the logo shows, release both keys and wait until your phone has finished rebooting.
If you were able to make the phone restart, then that’s a pretty good sign that the problem is fixed, although it may occur again in the future. But don’t worry, at least you already know what to do if your Galaxy S20 gets stuck again.
You also have to do the same if your phone is stuck on a black screen, as long as there’s no sign of physical or liquid damage. There are times when the firmware crashes and the display will be turned off, although the phone may remain powered on. The forced restart will still be effective in fixing such a problem.
However, if it won’t respond to the forced restart, then you have to do the next solution.
- Charge the phone and do the forced restart
If your Galaxy S20 is frozen on a black screen and the forced restart fails to make it respond, the best thing to do is to charge your phone. You may have already tried it but the phone did not respond.
It’s possible that the firmware crashed when the phone was running out of juice. As a result, it won’t respond to the charger, or at least, doesn’t show the charging symbol. But don’t worry, it’s still fixable. Here’s what you have to do:
1. Plug the charger to a working wall outlet.
2. Using the original cable, connect the phone to its charger.
3. Regardless of whether the charging symbol shows or not, leave the phone connected to the charger for at least 10 minutes.
4. After which and while it’s still connected to the charger, press and hold the volume down button and the power key for 10 seconds.
5. If the logo shows, then the problem is fixed. Just wait for the phone to finish the reboot and that’s the end of the problem.
- Charger, USB-C cable
- Galaxy S20
Basically, you only have to do a couple of procedures to fix a galaxy s20 that’s frozen on a certain app or a black screen. If the problem persists even after doing these procedures, then it means the problem is with the hardware.
What you have to do if that’s the case is to bring the phone to the Samsung service center and have a technician check the device for you.
However, if you were able to make your galaxy s20 respond again but the same problem happens every now and then, the best thing to do about it is to reset your phone as it’s clear that there’s a problem with the firmware. But make sure to backup your files and data prior to the reset.
I hope that this troubleshooting guide has been helpful.
Please support us by subscribing to our channel. Thanks for reading!
- How To Fix Instagram Crashes On Galaxy S20
- How to view and manage Facebook language settings on Galaxy S20
- How to Reset and Restore Default Camera Settings on Galaxy S20