Some Youtube videos may only be available in particular region or countries. If you want to watch a foreign Youtube video but you keep on getting “This video is not available” error, there are a number of explanations for that. It’s possible that the content of the video is restricted by Youtube’s regional filter, or the uploader intentionally want to block the content where you are. Youtube may be a global brand but not every country can access all contents. Fortunately for you, there’s an easy way to watch blocked Youtube videos using a number of top VPN services, one of them being ExpressVPN. This article will help you set ExpressVPN up.
At A Glance: Our Favorite VPN Services
Our Top Pick
|ExpressVPN - Get 49% off here
How to watch blocked Youtube contents using ExpressVPN | bypass Youtube restrictions abroad
ExpressVPN is one of the top VPN services that can effectively work with Youtube. This doesn’t mean that it works with Youtube as a company but rather, it makes use of its extensive number of servers around the world in order to defeat Youtube’s regional restriction. What you need to do is sign up to ExpressVPN service, install the app, and configure the phone. Once those things are done, you can begin enjoying Youtube videos that are normally blocked in your country.
How to sign up and download ExpressVPN
The first part of the ExpressVPN setup process is to create an ExpressVPN account and install the app on your mobile.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN by following this link.
- Once you’ve created your ExpressVPN account, open a web browser on your device and tap Sign in. You’ll need your email address and password for this.
- After signing in, tap Set Up ExpressVPN.
- From the downloads page, you can choose which client you need.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app for Android on your phone or tablet. If you can access Google Play, download the ExpressVPN app from there. If you cannot access Google Play, you can download the APK directly to your Android device by following this link. (ExpressVPN does not recommend downloading their APK from third-party sources.) Keep in mind that downloading APKs from non-official sources can put your data at risk.
- If you downloaded ExpressVPN from the Play Store:
- Tap INSTALL on the Google Play Store page for ExpressVPN.
- Tap ACCEPT, then wait while the app downloads.
- If you downloaded ExpressVPN app as an APK:
- Contact ExpressVPN technical support team for step-by-step process.
- Once the technical team has given you the link to get the APK from, open your web browser and tap the link.
- Tap OK to allow the APK to download. Make sure you have allowed non-Play Store downloads to your device first (Settings > Biometrics and security > Install unknown apps > (choose your browser like Google Chrome).
- Wait for the APK to download.
- After the APK has finished downloading, tap OPEN.
- After opening the APK, you will be asked to approve the installation. Tap INSTALL.
Set up the ExpressVPN app
Once you’ve installed ExpressVPN app on your mobile, the next steps are to properly configure it so you can watching blocked Youtube videos afterwards. Here’s what you should do:
- Open the ExpressVPN app.
- On the ExpressVPN app, enter your ExpressVPN username and password, then tap Sign In.
- You can share crash reports and other anonymous analytics to improve ExpressVPN. Tap OK if you agree to share reports.
- You will be invited to set up your VPN and approve connection requests by ExpressVPN. Tap OK and OK to continue.
- To connect to a VPN server location, tap the On Button. By default, ExpressVPN will suggest the location that provides the optimal experience for you, called Smart Location. If you don’t want the current suggested location, simply tap on the More options icon (three dots) and manually pick your server location. You can connect to any of their 160 server locations. Make sure to pick the server location of the blocked Youtube video. For example, if you want to watch a US Youtube, be sure to pick one of the server locations in the United States.
- Fire away and use the internet the way you want to use it!
How to watch blocked Youtube contents using ExpressVPN
Now that you have ExpressVPN app configured, you don’t need to do any other settings modification on your device. You can begin enjoying your favorite blocked Youtube videos on your mobile. Just open the Youtube app, pick a video, and enjoy.