One of the common problems a Samsung Galaxy Watch Active owner may encounter is the one we’re discussing. In this troubleshooting episode, we’ll show you what to do if your Galaxy Watch Active won’t turn on all of a sudden. Find out the steps that you can try below.
Before we proceed, we want to remind you that if you are looking for solutions to your own #Android or Galaxy Watch Active issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
How to fix Galaxy Watch Active won’t turn on | watch has No Power issue
There can be a number of possible factors why your Galaxy Watch Active won’t turn on. Learn what you need to do if you find your watch unable to power on.
Galaxy Watch Active won’t turn on fix #1: Charge device
If your Galaxy Watch Active won’t turn on and you have no idea why, it’s possible that the battery may have drained completely. When this happens, your device may not display the charging indicator right away when you charge it. Make sure to charge your Galaxy Watch Active for up to 30 minutes before checking again. This should be more than enough to top the battery up.
Do the same if you are trying to turn your Galaxy Watch for the first time. Although there should be at least 50% battery power after unboxing, this may not be case in some. Allow the battery to charge for at least several minutes before turning it on.
Galaxy Watch Active won’t turn on fix #2: Verify charger is working
If your watch was working normally before it stops turning on, the problem may lie in the charger. Like the watch, the charger can break too, although at a much lower chance. If you’ve already tried charging the Galaxy Watch Active for a long time as suggested above but it still won’t turn on, consider checking if there’s a charger issue. If you can’t find a second charger, visit your local Samsung store and see if your watch will charge there. If it charges fine, get a new charger.
Galaxy Watch Active won’t turn on fix #3: Restart device
If your Galaxy Watch Active still won’t turn on at this point, the next move for you is to try to restart it. This is usually effective in fixing devices that got stuck. If your watch has frozen or has become unresponsive, this may help. Here’s how it’s done:
- Start by unlocking your SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch Active. To do so, simply press the Home button at the bottom of the Watch face.
- From the watch screen, press and hold the Home button until the Options menu appears.
- From the Options menu, tap Power off.
- The device will now turn off. To start your SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch Active again, press and hold the Power button until the watch logo appears.
If the problem is still there, do a factory reset next.
Galaxy Watch Active won’t turn on fix #4: Factory reset
There are two ways to factory reset your Galaxy Watch Active. The first one is done thru Settings menu and may not be doable in this case. Still we want to mention it here. Here’s how it’s done:
- From your SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch Active screen, press the Home button to open the application screen.
- Tap the Settings menu and open the General option.
- Tap Reset and confirm.
Factory reset using hardware buttons
This method may likely work in this situation. What you have to do is to factory reset the device by using a combination of hardware buttons. If successful, this will jumpstart the system after erasing it and will likely fix the issue as well.
- Turn off your watch by pressing and holding the Power/Home button at the bottom of the Watch face.
- Keep holding them until Rebooting appears at the bottom of the watch.
- Quickly, doing multiple presses, keep pressing the Power/Home button until the Select REBOOT MODE screen appears.
- Press the Power/Home button to scroll through options.
- Select Recovery.
- Press and hold the Power/Home key until the device starts rebooting.
- Once the watch shows the process of deleting data, the reset is successful. The process can take several minutes. Just wait for it.
Galaxy Watch Active won’t turn on fix #5: Get replacement
If your Galaxy Watch Active still won’t turn on at this time, you should consider getting help from Samsung. Visit their local store or Service Center to set up replacement appointment.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Twitter pages.