Texting issues are really common to smartphones and some owners of the Samsung Galaxy A60 have been among the ones who have encountered them. But when it comes to these issues, there’s always something you can do. You’re lucky if you only have this kind of problem because you’d be able to fix them easily, at least, most of them.
In this post, I will enumerate the most common texting issues on a Galaxy A60 based on the reports sent to us by our readers. If you’re one of the owners of this phone and are currently having texting-related problems, then continue reading this article as we may be able to help you one way or another.
Galaxy A60 can’t send text messages
This is one of the most common texting issues you may encounter if you own a smartphone like the Galaxy A60. It’s not because the device is prone to having this problem, it’s because there are several prerequisites before a smartphone can actually send or receive text messages. Those things are also the ones we have to look into to determine the real reason as you why your Galaxy A60 has this problem.
- First, you have to make sure your phone has good signal. A couple of bars are enough to send and receive text messages but if you only have one bar and is intermittent, then that could be the reason why your device can’t send text.
- Next is make sure your account is in good standing. If you have unpaid bills, it’s possible that your service provider has temporarily disabled texting services on your device. If you’re using a prepaid SIM, make sure you have enough credits.
- After making sure it’s not due to signal or your account, what you have to do next is to reset the network settings of your device. This will refresh all wireless services and fix any network-related problems including this one.
- Lastly, a master reset might be needed if your Galaxy is still not able to send text messages after doing the previous solutions.
Galaxy A60 can’t send MMS or picture message
An MMS or picture message is actually just a text message but with attachments. Any text messages that contain special characters or have attachments are automatically converted to MMS. You will need to be connected to your provider’s network using mobile data to be able to send or receive MMS. If your phone has this problem, then here’s what you need to do:
- First, make sure mobile data is enabled on your phone. You may be charged separately for sending MMS but that’s the prerequisite of this service.
- Next, make sure the number you’re sending a message to is correct or complete.
- Check your account to see if it’s not barred from using this service or if you have enough credits to use it.
- After those procedures and your phone still one of these texting issues, try to reset the network settings. It’s always the most reliable procedures when it comes to fixing network-related issues.
- Lastly, try resetting your phone to bring it back to its default settings and configuration, as it’s possible that the problem is caused by a firmware issue.
Galaxy A60 Messages app keeps stopping
It is still considered as one of the texting issues even if it may be just a problem with the app because you still can’t send or receive text messages if the app keeps crashing. But unlike the previous texting issues we tackled, you can fix this problem by any of these procedures:
- Force restart. This must be the first thing you have to do, especially if it’s the first time that you encountered the error.
- Clear the cache and data of Messages app. Again, it’s just an app problem and it can be fixed by resetting it and that means deleting its cache and data. Doing so will replace the old cache and data files with new ones.
- Reset all settings. If the first two procedures failed to fix the problem, then you need to reset all settings on your device. This will bring the phone back to its factory settings without deleting your files and data.
- Factory reset. Lastly, a reset will be necessary if the first three procedures failed to fix the problem. A reset can always fix any app-related problems including this one.
Galaxy A60 text messages are in wrong order
This often leave an impression that your phone has some serious texting issues but in reality, it’s actually just a pretty minor problem. More often than not, the cause of this problem is incorrect time and date. However, there were also instances wherein such problem has been caused by some firmware issues and so you need to troubleshoot your phone if you have this kind of texting issue. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure the time and date of your device is set correctly.
- Perform the forced restart to rule out the possibility that this problem is caused by some minor firmware problem.
- Next, clear the cache and data of messages app. This is always your go-to solution if your phone has some texting issues.
- Reset all settings. This can also help sort out problems that were caused by some incorrect settings.
- Lastly, a master reset will be necessary if the previous solutions failed to fix the problem.
Galaxy A60 has some duplicate text messages
If your device receives duplicate text messages, the problem can be pretty minor or a serious one. But as long as the firmware has not been tampered with, you should still be able to fix this problem. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure to use one texting app. If you’re using two texting apps, try uninstalling the third-party one and see if you still receive duplicate texts.
- Clear the cache and data of Messages app. If you’re only using the default texting application, then try resetting it by clearing its cache and data.
- Run your phone in safe mode. Try running your phone in safe mode to temporarily disable all third-party applications. While you’re in that mode, try to see if the problem occurs.
- Reset all settings. Resetting all the settings on your device will rule out the possibility that this is just due to some incorrect settings.
- Lastly, factory reset your phone if the problem persists.
And those are six of the most common Galaxy A60 texting issues you may encounter if you own the device. I hope this post can help you.
Having Issues with your phone? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.