The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is one of the large screened premium Android devices that is a great productivity device. It’s main advantage over other phones is its S Pen which allows for a more refined input control. Advanced Android users can gain more control over the device by enabling the developer mode of the phone. This mode has several settings which affects the performance of the device.
To enable the Developer Mode on Galaxy Note 8
- Turn on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Go to your Samsung Note 8 “Application” icon and Open Settings option.
- Under Settings option, select About phone, then choose Software Information.
- Scroll down the screen and tap Build number several times until you see a message that says “Developer mode has been enabled”“.
- Select on the Back button and you will see the Developer options menu under Settings, and select Developer options.
Once you have access to the Developer Mode there are several useful things that you can do.
- Enable USB Debugging: This is needed if you are going to upgrade the firmware of the phone, install a custom ROM, or connect the phone to an Android debugging tool.
- Limit background process: If you want to squeeze in the maximum performance of the phone then you can limit the number of apps that are running in the background.
- Speed up device animations
- Fake the GPS location