If you want to privacy or anonymity while surfing the web, there’s no better way than to establish a software connection between your ISP and site you’re accessing. This is made possible by a VPN. Learn how to use an Android VPN in 2022 below.
At A Glance: Our Favorite VPN Services
Our Top Pick
Before we proceed, we want to remind you that if you are looking for solutions to your own #Android, Samsung Galaxy Watch, or #Fitbit issues, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
What is a VPN?
Virtual Private Network or VPN is an encrypted connection between two devices or points. VPN is usually used by security conscious individuals in order to hide their browsing activity and personal information. If you’re constantly on the move and regularly have to rely on hotel wifi connections or other unsecure networks, having a VPN installed on your phone is a good way to secure your information or avoid hackers from snooping. For instance, if you’re logging on your computer with a VPN, you can disguise your location and make it appear like you’re in another continent.
Security aside, using a VPN is also a good way to circumvent websites that use geolocation tracking and IP blocking to offer content like Netflix. Most top VPN providers make it a point to stay ahead of Netflix so they’re usually very effective in going around regional restrictions and anti-VPN technology.
How to choose the right Android VPN in 2022?
There can be many reasons for VPN use. VPNs can be used for bypassing a country’s censorship, torrenting, hiding one’s identity, circumventing regional restrictions, getting a different IP address, or to shift your location. In assessing your VPN needs, you want to ask yourself why you need a VPN in the first place. If all you want is to unblock Netflix or do casual browsing, then you can narrow down your choices and pick VPNs that are less expensive yet effective in this regard. If your need is to secure your data, remain anonymous, or bypass censorship, you may have to shop around for VPNs that offer more powerful features. Fortunately, most cost-efficient, standard VPN plans nowadays offer a lot of features that cover most of the reasons for using a VPN so all you have to do is pick one. So far, the best VPN in providing inexpensive but reliable and fast service is ExpressVPN. We suggest that you try that one first. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee so if you want to switch to other VPN providers, you have nothing to lose.
Related reading: How to watch US Netflix abroad | best Netflix VPN in 2022
How to use Android VPN in 2022?
in 2022, there are a lot of VPN providers that offer quality services and they are now working almost flawlessly on most Android devices. It’s also good to know that setting up a VPN on Android is as simple as following instructions. In this demonstration, we’ll be using ExpressVPN on a Galaxy Note10+. The steps don’t vary much in many Androids out there so all you have to do is to refer to the steps below.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN by following this link.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app for Android on your phone or tablet. If you can access Google Play, download the ExpressVPN app from there. If you cannot access Google Play, you can download the APK directly to your Android device by following this link. (ExpressVPN does not recommend downloading their APK from third-party sources.)
- Once you’ve downloaded the ExpressVPN app on your device, you can begin to configure it by signing in.
- On the ExpressVPN app, enter your ExpressVPN username and password, then tap Sign In.
- You can share crash reports and other anonymous analytics to improve ExpressVPN. Tap OK if you agree to share reports.
- You will be invited to set up your VPN and approve connection requests by ExpressVPN. Tap OK and OK to continue.
- To connect to a VPN server location, tap the On Button. By default, ExpressVPN will suggest the location that provides the optimal experience for you, called Smart Location. If you don’t want the current suggested location, simply tap on the More options icon (three dots) and manually pick your server location. You can connect to any of their 160 server locations.
- Fire away and use the internet the way you want to use it!
The steps above are specific for ExpressVPN setup but the demonstration should give you the overall idea on what you must do. Adding any VPN on your Android is basically the same and most of the configuration happens under-the-hood automatically. Essentially, you only have to subscribe to a VPN service first and install the app. Then, simply follow the app instructions and you’re good to go.
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
You can also try to look for other solutions that we’ve already published in this site by following this sample format:
Site:thedroidguy.com Galaxy Note10 won’t turn on
This format will tell Google to narrow down its search within our website using the keywords “Galaxy Note10 won’t turn on.” For example, if you have a problem with your Galaxy Note10 not sending texts, just type: “Site:thedroidguy.com Galaxy Note10 won’t send texts” in the Google search box. Articles from our site that Google finds relevant will be listed.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook page.