Is the HBO Max app not working on Hisense Smart TV ? There are several factors that can cause this problem such as a poor internet connection, Hisense TV compatibility issues , outdated HBO Max app, or even an outdated TV software. To fix this, you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps.
is a popular budget TV brand that offers several Tv models that have great features at an affordable price. The company carries LED TVs up to the high end ULED models and even recently have added gaming support such as VRR or variable refresh rate.If you are looking for a TV for watching your favorite shows or for gaming then you should consider this brand.
Why is my HBO Max app not working on my Hisense Smart TV?
One of the issues that can occur on your Hisense Smart TV is HBO Max not working problem. This can be a frustrating experience especially if you want to watch your favorite show.
Here’s you can do to fix this HBO Max app issue on Hisense Smart TVs.
Solution 1: Check your internet connection
Since HBO Max is a streaming service that requires an internet connection to work properly you will need to make sure that your Hisense TV is connected to the internet and that it does not have a slow connection speed.
If you are currently experiencing internet issues then the HBO Max app might not open or if you start streaming a show it just keeps on buffering.
What you will want to do first is to check your connection speed.
Checking your internet speed
- Open a browser on your Hisense Smart TV.
- Go to speedtest.net. This is an online speed test tool that is free to use.
- Click on Go. This will start the speed test.
In order to stream HBO Max content you should have a fast and stable connection. The results should match your subscription plan from your internet service provider.
The recommended speed to view shows on the HBO Max app are as follows:
- 5 Mbps – 1080p streaming.
- 10 Mbps – Recommended speed for 1080p streaming.
- 25 Mbps-UHD (4K) streaming.
- 50 Mbps – for stable 4K streaming.
If you have a slow or no internet then you can check if this is caused by an issue with your Wi-Fi network.
- Turn off your Hisense Smart TV.
- Unplug your Modem and Router from the power source.
- Wait for a minute then plug your modem and router back into the power source.
- Wait until the lights turn back on.
- Turn on the Hisense Smart TV.
- Reconnect the Hisense Smart TV to the internet.
Try to check if the HBO Max not working issue still occurs
Here’s what you can do to get a stable internet signal.
- Try to disconnect other devices connected to the Wi-Fi router while you use HBO Max. This will allow HBO Max to use the maximum internet bandwidth.
- Move the Hisense Smart TV closer to the router . This will allow the device to get a much stronger Wi-Fi signal strength.
- If you have a dual band router try to connect the Roku streaming device to the 5Ghz band instead of the 2.4.
Solution 2: Check for HBO Max streaming service outage
There are instances when the HBO Max servers will become offline due to an unexpected outage or some scheduled maintenance work . When this happens you won’t be able to watch HBO Max shows.
You can check the status of the HBO Max servers by going to a third party server checker such as DownDetector.
Another way to check for a server outage is by checking the social media accounts of HBO Max such as Twitter. The company will usually post updates regarding any server issues.
If there is a reported outage then you will have to wait for this to be resolved.
Solution 3: Power cycle your Hisense TV
Sometimes the HBO Max app will not work because of a software glitch on your Hisense Smart TV. To fix this you just need to restart your TV. This will refresh the TV software and get rid of any corrupted temporary data that could be causing the issue.
Power cycle Hisense TV
- Turn off the Hisense TV using the remote control.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes.
- Plug the power cord into a wall socket and then turn on the Hisense TV.
After the power cycle process has completed try to watch HBO Max and check if any issues occur.
Solution 4: Clear the HBO Max App Cache
There’s a possibility that HBO Max has corrupted data stored which is causing this problem. Clearing the app cache will usually fix this.
Clear cache HBO Max
Press Quick menu on the remote control.
Scroll to Settings and press OK.
Scroll to System and press OK.
Scroll to Application Settings and press OK.
Scroll to Clear Cache and press OK.
Select Clear and press OK. The Cache have been deleted.
Scroll to Delete Cookies and press OK.
Select Clear and press OK. The Cookies have been deleted.
The Cache and Cookies have been deleted. Press EXIT to exit.
After clearing the cache data try to check if HBO Max is now working.
Solution 5: Uninstall then install HBO Max on your Hisense Smart TV
Sometimes the problem can be caused by a corrupted app. To check if this is what’s causing the problem you should uninstall then install HBO Max.
Uninstall apps on your hisense smart tv
- Turn on your Hisense TV and grab your remote and press home button.
- Choose apps section and Press ok.
- Find the application you want to uninstall.
- Highlight application and hold OK button a new window will pop up on your screen.
- Using arrows select uninstall and press ok and confirm ok to uninstall app from Hisense TV.
Install applicaton on Hisense Android
- Make sure your Hisense Android device is connected to the internet.
- On your Hisense Android TV, open up the Google Play Store and search for the application.
- Once you find the app, select it and then choose Install.
- After the app has finished installing, launch it.
Install Hulu on Hisense Vidaa
- Press the Home button on your Hisense remote control.
- Navigate to the App Store and select it.
- Type the name of the application into the App Store’s search bar.
- Select the app from the search results.
- Press the Install button to download and install the app on your Hisense Vidaa TV.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the app by selecting it from your Hisense TV’s home screen.
Install Hulu on Hisense Roku TV
- Open the Roku home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote control.
- Use the arrow buttons on your remote to navigate to the Roku Channel Store.
- Select Search Channels from the Store menu.
- Type the application name into the search bar and select the app when it appears in the results.
- Select Add Channel to add the app to your Roku channels list.
- Once the channel has been added, navigate back to the Roku home screen and select the app to launch it.
Log in to your HBO Max account then check if the issue still occurs.
Solution 6: Update the Hisense TV software to the latest version
You should make sure that your Hisense Smart TV is running on the latest software update as this will have several enhancements and bug fixes that could address this issue.
Updating Hisense Android TV
Make sure that your TV is connected to the internet.
- Open Settings home screen.
- Find and select Device Preferences.
- Go to About.
- Scroll down to System Update.
- Your TV will now look for any available updates
- If there’s an update available, select Update Now to install it.
Updating Hisense Roku TV
- Access the Home screen of your TV by pressing the Home button on the TV Remote.
- Select the Settings option.
- Scroll down and select the System option.
- Find and select System Update.
- Select the ‘Check Now‘ option so the TV can check for updates.
- Select Update so that your TV will be updated to the latest firmware.
Try to check if your HBO Max is working.
Solution 7: Factory Reset Hisense TV
If your Hisense TV still can’t use HBO Max then consider doing a factory reset. This will bring back the TV to its default factory settings and usually fix any problems caused by a corrupted Hisense TV software.
Performing factory reset on Hisense Smart TVs
- Press MENU on your Hisense Smart TV remote
- Select Support and confirm your selection by clicking Enter, OK, or Select.
- Click Self Diagnosis and confirm by pressing Enter.
- Select the last option, which is Reset.
- Enter your security PIN, usually 0000, to confirm your request.
- Reset your Hisense Smart TV to factory settings
After the factory reset has completed try checking if HBO Max is now working on your Hisense TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can't I access HBO Max in my country?
The HBO Max streaming service is available in the United States and selected Latin American as well as European countries. It will however expand to more countries soon. If you are in an area where the app is not yet available then the only way you can access this is by using a VPN.
Can I access my HBO Max subscription on my mobile device?
You can access HBO Max on your smartphone using the dedicated app. Just download HBO Max on your mobile device from the Play Store.
Is there a way to get HBO Max on an older Hisense TVs?
The three alternative solutions to get HBO Max on an older TV is by using Roku, Amazon Firestick, or Chromecast.
What to do when HBO Max app does not download on my TV?
This could be due to your TV not connected to the internet. Make sure that the TV is properly connected to your Wi-Fi network.
What to do when the HBO Max app does not open my TV?
This could be due to a TV software glitch or lack of internet connection. Try restarting your TV then make sure that it is getting a good internet connection speed.