This post highlights some helpful solutions to deal with various problems on The Sims 4 Wicked Whims mod. Read on to learn what to do if Wicked Whims is not working on your computer, especially after installing the recent update.
WickedWhims Mod Overview
Wicked Whims is a mod for The Sims 4 game. This mod is created by TURBODRIVER to augment realistic nudity and erotic animations along with other relevant attributes such as menstrual cycle and birth control features. With this mod, sensual animations created by other players can also be installed and played in the game. Apparently, this mod is targeted at players who yearn for nudism during gameplay.
What stops WickedWhims Mod from working?
There are many factors that can cause problems with PC games. In the case with WickedWhims that suddenly stopped working from an update, an update bug is more likely to blame. Other factors that you should consider ruling out are conflicting programs, corrupted/missing game files, or the mod itself is broken or corrupted. A faulty game client/launcher is also among the possible culprits.
In some cases, a gaming application fails to load or stops working due to an antivirus software or firewall connection that’s tagging and barring the program from accessing critical system files and resources.
Troubleshooting WickedWhims Mod that’s not working in Windows 10
The following are deemed among the most effective solutions to the WickedWhims mod issues on a Windows computer.
First solution: Update mod to the latest version available.
Post-update issues are inevitable among computer programs including gaming apps. If the WickedWhims suddenly stopped working after the recent update released by EA, then it’s likely a post-update bug. To fix the problem, download and install the recent update uploaded by the developers of WickedWhims mod namely the v165f, v165g, and v165h. These updates will make the mod compatible with the 1.77.131/1.77.146 game patch and the Cottage Living Expansion pack. To download the mod mod v165h version, just follow these steps:
- Navigate to the directory or path where the old mod is saved.
- Once you’ve accessed the correct location, find and right-click on the old mod file then select Delete from the menu options. The old mod file will then be removed from the location.
- After deleting the file, navigate to the TurboDriver page and then follow the rest of the onscreen instructions to download and install the latest mod version/update.
Once the installation is complete, restart your computer to clear the RAM and to refresh system files and services.
Second solution: Repair broken/corrupted mod.
As mentioned earlier, a broken, missing or corrupted mod or game file may also be the root cause of the problem. The best way to fix this problem is to remove/delete all mods and then repair the game.
If you’re playing The Sims 4 WickedWhims through Origin, you can repair the game with these steps:
- Launch the Origin client then navigate to the Library section.
- Right-click on The Sims 4 game in your Origin Library.
- After selecting the game, click Repair.
Wait for the system to update the game, repair any broken/corrupted game files and redownload the missing ones. The entire process may take several minutes so just wait patiently.
Once the repair is completed, re-download the WickedWhims and other mods you need.
Third solution: Enable Script Mods.
If the problem started after updating the game, chances are that the script mods are disabled automatically by the recent update. As a result, the mod fails to work as intended. Re-enabling the script mod will therefore fix the problem. Here’s how:
- Open The Sims 4 game through your launcher.
- From the game’s main screen, go to Game Options.
- Select Others.
- Then, enable the option to Allow script mods.
After making necessary changes, retry launching the WickedWhims and see if it’s already working as intended.
Also ensure that the older version of the mod is completely removed or deleted from your computer. If the old file is still there, the game will be confused as to which mod file to run.
This is the main reason why deleting all old files related to a mod is highly recommended before installing a new version. That same notion applies to Wicked Whims.
Hope this helps!
Please visit our YouTube channel to view different troubleshooting and tutorial videos that might be helpful to you.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- How to Fix Chromecast Source Not Supported error | 2021
- How to Change Wi-Fi on Google Home 2021
- How to Report a Subreddit on Reddit | PC & Mobile Platforms
- How to Manage Mozilla Maintenance Service on Firefox 2021
- How to Make Someone Admin on Discord PC & Mobile | 2021