Need help clearing temporary internet files and site data on your Galaxy S20? If so, then this guide is for you. Here’s a step-by-step walkthrough on how to clear browsing data on Galaxy S20 Chrome browser. Feel free to use this as personal reference, whenever needed.
Clearing temporary internet files and browsing data from time to time is recommended to ensure optimum browsing experience. Although cached files from websites and pages you visited offer some benefits when it comes to reloading of similar information, they can also trigger adverse symptoms in the long run. As a result, different browsing issues would arise including slow browsing, intermittent connection, or page loading error.
To fix or prevent these problems, better make it a habit to clear your browser’s cache and temporary internet data every now and then.
Highlighted below are the standard steps to clear browsing data and temporary internet files on the galaxy s20 Chrome app. Read on for more detailed instructions.
Easy steps to clear Browsing Data on Galaxy S20 Chrome browser
Time Needed : 8 minutes
The following steps demonstrate the standard process of deleting cached internet files and browsing history on the Galaxy S20, particularly on the Google Chrome browser app. Feel free to refer to this easy guide if necessary. Screenshots to the corresponding steps are also provided for easier and faster screen navigation.
- From the Home screen, tap the Google icon.
A menu that contains Google-related apps and services will be displayed.
- Tap to select Chrome to open Google Chrome browser app on your phone.
This will load up Google's homepage.
- From the homepage, tap the quick Menu icon on the top-left side of the screen.
This icon is represented by three vertical dots on the upper-right corner of Google Chrome main screen.
Tapping this icon will pull up a list of sub-items.
- Scroll down to the menu items then tap Settings.
Doing so will open your Google account settings, including Advanced options.
- Scroll down and tap Privacy under the Advanced section.
Another screen with relevant options to configure will show up next.
- Scroll down and tap Clear browsing data from the given options.
Doing so will clear the browser's history, cookies, site data, cache and other relevant information.
- Mark the checkbox next to the type of data that you'd like to clear from the browser app. Then tap the Clear Data button at the bottom of the screen.
Clearing of browser cache and data will then instigate.
The entire process could take longer depending on how much temporary internet files were cached in your browser app's storage.
- Just wait until the entire cache clearing process is complete.
After clearing all browsing data, you will be routed back to the Privacy menu.
- Android 10, One UI 2.0 and up
- Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, Galaxy S20 Ultra
By then you can quit the Chrome app and open it again. You will notice some improvement on the browsing speed as pages and websites are loading up faster and smoother by then.
Any existing browser issues from random sluggishness to app crashes will likewise be remedied.
If you are using another browser app on your galaxy s20, the process of clearing browsing data likely differs
In Mozilla Firefox for Android app, you can clear your entire browsing history by heading to the History panel on the home screen. And from there, you should see the option to Clear browsing history at the bottom part. After tapping that option, tap the OK button to confirm.
Meanwhile, clearing of specific items from the Firefox browser app is done this way:
- Open the app then tap the quick Menu button.
- Then tap Settings to continue.
- In other versions of Safari, you may have to access the More folder to view settings.
- Then tap the option to Clear private data.
- Mark the checkbox next to the items that you’d like to remove.
- Finally, tap the button to Clear data to confirm.
If you will encounter any error when attempting to clear cache and internet data from your Galaxy S20’s default browser app, read and review the error message. These prompts usually contain some hints on what went wrong and how to fix it.
Otherwise, there might be some complex errors from with the browser app that need further troubleshooting procedures.
And that covers everything in this tutorial. Please keep posted for more comprehensive tutorials, tips and tricks that will help you make the most of your new Samsung galaxy s20 smartphone.
You can also check out our YouTube channel to view more smartphone video tutorials and troubleshooting guides.