This troubleshooting guide will show you how to fix the Warframe screen flickering issue that some gamers have encountered while playing the game on Windows 10. This might be just a minor software problem and you may be able to fix it by yourself. Continue reading to learn more.
Screen flickering issues can be due to minor software-related problems in your computer, or a hardware issue that needs to be addressed immediately. One way to know if it’s software-related is when the screen flickering only happens when playing a certain game. However, if the flickering happens regardless of the software you use, then it’s a hardware issue.
Recently, it seems like some Warframe gamers have encountered the screen flickering issue while playing it. This can be just one of the cases wherein the game or the graphics card driver needs to be updated. If you’re one of the gamers with this problem, here’s what you need to do:
Fix #1: Force stop Warframe and reopen it
As soon as the flickering starts, the first thing you need to do if you can bear with it is to force stop the game. Doing so will abruptly close Warframe and all its services. After that, reopen it and it usually fixes the problem. Here’s how:
- Press the CTRL, ALT and Delete keys at the same time.
- Click Task Manager.
- Once the window pops up, look for the Warframe service and click on it.
- Now click on the End task button at the lower-right corner of the window to close it.
Once the game has stopped, reopen it and try playing it one more time. If the flickering still occurs, then move on to the next solution.
Fix #2: Reboot your computer
If the first solution fails, the next thing you need to do is to refresh the memory of your computer. This often fixes minor game issues that affect the hardware. It’s a simple solution that might just save you from all the hassles in troubleshooting the game.
- So click the Start button and then click Power.
- Click Restart and wait until your machine finishes the reboot.
Once the reboot is complete, run Warframe again and see if the flickering is fixed.
Fix #3: Update your graphics card driver
Another cause of the screen flickering problem in games is the obsolete graphics card driver. So that’s what you need to look into if the problem continues to bug you even after doing the first two solutions. Here’s how:
- Click the Start icon, type “file explorer” and click the File Explorer app.
- On the left panel, right-click on This PC and click Properties.
- Click Device Manager.
- Expand Display adapters, right-click on your GPU and click Update driver.
- Click Search automatically for drivers, and wait until your PC finishes the update.
You may also update the drivers by using the program that often comes with your graphics card.
After updating your GPU driver, run the game again to see if it still crashes.
Fix #4: Uninstall Warframe and reinstall it
If all else fails, what you have to do next is to remove the game completely from your computer to also erase possible corrupt game files and caches. After that, download a fresh copy of the game from Steam and reinstall it. Here’s how you do that:
- Launch the Steam client.
- Navigate to the Library tab and right-click on Muck.
- Hover over Manage, and click Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall one more time to remove the game from your computer.
- After the game is uninstalled, restart your PC.
- Download the game and re-install it.
Once the game is reinstalled, launch it and it should work perfectly.
We hope that this troubleshooting guide can help you one way or the other.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. Thanks for reading!