Is your Anker Soundcore Flare Mini speaker not powering up? This could be caused by a software glitch, bad battery, faulty charging cable, or a defective charger. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps.
The Soundcore Flare Mini is a wireless Bluetooth speaker model that is a compact and portable version of the original Soundcore Flare speaker, but with some additional features. It has a cylindrical design with a fabric mesh exterior and a rubberized base to prevent slipping. It is equipped with two full-range drivers and two passive radiators, producing a maximum output of 10 watts. The sound is balanced and clear, with good bass response.
- Drivers : 2 x 5W (Full Range)
- Bluetooth Version: 4.2
- Range: 20m / 66ft
- Playtime (varies by volume level, music content, and lights): 12 hours
- Charging time: 3.5 hours
- Input: Micro USB 5V / 1A
- Microphone: Integrated
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 3.4 x 2.8 in / 141 x 86 x 72 mm
- Weight: 480 g/16.9 oz
Why is my Soundcore Flare Mini not working?
One of the issues that you might experience with Anker Soundcore speakers is when it does not turn on. This can be an annoying experience especially if you are about to use it to listen to your favorite music.
Here’s what you need to do to fix this Soundcore speaker not turning on issue.
Solution 1: Press the power button on the Soundcore Flare Mini
The first troubleshooting step you should try on your Bluetooth speaker is to press and hold for a second the power button which is located at the top of the speaker. If all goes well then the speaker turns on. If it doesn’t then proceed to the next step.
Solution 2: Charge your Flare Mini speaker
One of the reasons why Soundcore Flare Mini speaker will not turn on is because its battery is drained. You should full charge the speaker first using a wall charger then check if this will fix the problem.
- Locate the micro USB charging port on the Anker Soundcore speaker.
- Plug one end of the micro USB charging cable into the charging port on the speaker.
- Plug the other end of the micro USB charging cable into a power source, such as a wall adapter or a USB port on a computer.
- Unplug the charging cable from the speaker and power source once the battery is fully charged.
Solution 3: Factory reset the Soundcore Flare 2
There’s a possibility that the power issue you are experiencing is caused by a corrupted software. A factory reset should be done in this case which will delete the data on this Bluetooth speaker and bring it back to its default settings.
Reverting Anker speaker to factory settings
- Power on your Anker speaker.
- Press and hold both “BassUP” and “Play/Pause” buttons for around 5 to 8 seconds or until you hear a voice prompt that informs you that the speaker has powered off.
Take note that the hard reset erases all settings and reverts the Anker Soundcore speaker to its default out-of-box state.
Solution 4: Bring your Soundcore Flare Mini to a service center
There are instances when your speaker will not turn on because of a hardware issue. This can be due to faulty batteries or even a damaged circuit board. If this is the case then you will need to have the speaker fixed at a service center.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What to do when the Flare Mini is unable to connect to a Bluetooth device?
Check to ensure your device's Bluetooth setting is enabled.
Make sure your device is within 3 ft of the speaker.
Forget the pairing record on your device then try to re-pair.
- How do I pair my Soundcore Flare Mini to my Android phone?
When turned on, Soundcore Flare Mini will automatically connect to the last connected device if available. If not, press the Bluetooth button to activate pairing mode.
On the Bluetooth device, turn on Bluetooth and search for available Bluetooth devices.
Select “Soundcore Flare 2” from the list of available devices.
Once the speaker is paired with the new device, the LED lights on the front of the speaker will stop flashing.
- Can I pair the speaker with a second device?
Yes it is possible but only after disabling the original device's Bluetooth or deleting its pairing record before pairing the new device.
- How long does the battery last on the Soundcore Flare Mini?
The battery life of the Soundcore Flare Mini is up to 12 hours on a single charge, depending on the volume level and other usage factors.
- Is the Soundcore Flare Mini waterproof?
Yes, the Soundcore Flare Mini has an IPX7 waterproof rating, which means it can withstand immersion in water up to 1 meter deep for up to 30 minutes.