Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Email Problems
Being able to send and receive email is one of the main reasons mobile manufacturers built smartphones. People can check their inboxes on the go as well as do transactions everywhere without the need of their bulky and heavy laptops. But despite all efforts to make things work as far as email is concerned, errors still happen and users still have problems. The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is never exempted of that. Here are some things you could do in case you cannot send/receive emails in your tablet.
If you are using a personal email provided by popular email providers like Gmail, Yahoo, etc. and you’re not receiving every single message in your device, first verify you have an internet connection. Then, using your device’s web browser, try to log-in to your account. If you were unable to do so, check your username and password until you can. That’s the time you troubleshoot email settings in your device.
- Check if all settings are correct.
- Re-enter your email, username and password.
- Create a test email and send it to your own email address to see if it goes through and that you can receive it. If you can’t proceed below.
- Remove your email account.
- Go to Settings => App Manager => Email => Clear Data/Clear Cache.
- Re-setup your account entering your correct email address, username and password.
- Try to do syncing and see if emails start showing up. More often, this will solve the problem.
If you are using a corporate email address, you need to setup your Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Email.
- Launch Email app by tapping its icon from the Home screen.
- Tap Email address and password, then tap Next. If there’s an account already setup, go to Settings and Add account from there.
- Your tablet will try to search for settings and automatically setup your account. If Settings are found, touch Account options, then Next. However, if no settings are found, you should tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Verify you’ve entered the right Domain/username and Exchange server. The password will automatically be populated as you’ve already entered it in the previous steps. Tap Next.
- Tap Account options to change settings. Touch Next after that.
- Enter desired name to be displayed for outgoing messages, then tap Done.
- Your Business Email is now setup.
More often, re-setting up your email will resolve the basic email problems. However, you should jot down all possible settings you may need along the way especially if you are using a corporate email address.