Regardless whether you’ve installed the drivers of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 on your PC or not, it should still be able to detect once the phone is connected via the USB cable. Detection and recognition are different. Your phone may be detected but not recognized but if it’s not detected, it surely wouldn’t be recognized. Needless to say, a phone has to be detected first before it’s recognized.
In this post, I will help you troubleshoot your Galaxy Note 9 that’s either not detected or recognized by your computer. I will also be providing the most practical troubleshooting procedures so that you can make your phone work with your computer. If you’re one of the owners of this device and are currently having similar issue, continue reading as this article may be able to help you.
But before anything else, if you have another issue with your phone, drop by our troubleshooting page as we have already addressed hundreds of issues reported by the owners. Odds are that there are already existing solutions on our website or at least, there are similar problems we already fixed. So, try to find ones that are similar or related to your problem. If you need further assistance, however, feel free to contact us by filling up our Android issues questionnaire.
What to do if your Galaxy Note 9 isn’t detected by your PC
In this case, it is possible that the cable is broken or there’s a problem with your phone’s charger port or your computer’s USB port. Apparently, we don’t know what the problem really is so we need to do some troubleshooting procedures. Here’s what you should do…
- Make sure you’re using the OEM cable – there are third-party cables that aren’t built properly so connection might be loose or faulty. Rule this possibility out immediately by using only the original cable.
- Plug the cable to another USB port – in a PC, there are at least 4 USB ports so you should try each of them to know if the problem is one of those ports. For sure they can’t get damaged all at once. So, if the problem is really with the USB port, eventually you can still make your computer detect your phone.
- Try charging your phone using the same cable – one way to physically check the cable is by charging your phone. If there’s a break somewhere, your phone shouldn’t charge as well but if it charges, then you can rest assured that the cable is fine.
- Check the phone’s charger port – after making sure the USB port of your computer is working properly and that the cable isn’t broken, the next thing you should check is the charger port of your phone to see if there’s something obstruction the connection. If there are foreign objects in it, get rid of then to fix the problem.
After doing these things, I am certain you can make your Galaxy Note 9 get detected by your computer unless, of course, the charger port of your phone is already damaged and needs to be replaced.
What to do if your Galaxy Note 9 isn’t recognized by your PC
Again, the phone may be detected by your computer but not recognized and if this is the case, the problem isn’t with the hardware of either device, it’s a driver issue.
Drivers are small software that would make a hardware get recognized by the computer provided they’re properly installed. Here’s what you’re going to do if your Galaxy Note 9 isn’t recognized by your computer.
- Go to Samsung website.
- Find the support for the Galaxy Note 9 and download its drivers. Better yet, download Samsung Smart Switch and install it on your PC. It already contains all the drivers necessary to get your Note 9 recognized by your computer.
- After the installation of the Smart Switch, you can already connect your phone to the computer and it should be detected after a few seconds. If still not, then reboot your PC and that should work after that.
I hope that this how-to post has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems. Thanks for reading!
- How to make a conference call on Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 screen is black but it’s still powered on
- How To Fix Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Screen Does Not Sleep When Charging
- How To Backup Data From A Samsung Galaxy Note 9 With A Screen That Does Not Work
- Circle With Horizontal Line Through It On Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.