Are you dying to install an app from the Play Store but you keep on getting “This item isn’t available in your country” error? Well, worry not as this troubleshooting guide will show you the easy ways to go about it.
An important thing to do in this case is to ensure that you are connected to a VPN service. Virtual Private Network lets a computer or mobile device hides its location and changes its IP address in order to bypass restrictions set by Google or services like Netflix. Using a VPN is not illegal but it’s usually not free. It’s also a critical tool in fixing the problem we’re dealing with here.
At A Glance: Our Favorite VPN Services
- Our Top Pick
How to fix “This item isn’t available in your country” error
Many users may not know what to do after encountering This item isn’t available in your country error. This error usually shows up if you’re trying to install an app that’s not permitted by Google in your country or region. Thankfully, it’s really not that hard to fix. This guide will show you the two methods that you can use to fix the problem.
This item isn’t available in your country error fix #1: UseVPN on your mobile
If you need to install an app from the Play Store but it’s not available in your country or region, you may get the error we’re dealing with here. Google controls apps that you can avail in the Play Store based on your location or geography.
So, even if the app is visible in the Play Store, you may still be unable to download it after tapping the install button if that one is not permitted in your country.
Fortunately, this can be relatively circumvented by changing the Google Play Store country settings using a VPN. So, a critical step in resolving the issue is by signing up for a VPN service first. Once you’ve done that, the rest of the steps are easy.
Below are the exact steps that you need to do:
- Try to find a good VPN provider. We use ExpressVPN for this purpose so you can try that too.
- Install the VPN app provided by your VPN provider on your Android device.
- Choose a VPN server in a country of your choice. For demonstration purposes, we use ExpressVPN.
- Establish a VPN connection.
- On your Android device, Go under Settings > Apps > Google Play Store and tap on Force stop. This should restart the app.
- Afterwards, go back to the previous of App info page and tap Storage.
- Then, tap Clear cache.
- After a few seconds, tap Clear Data.
- While there, find the “Storage” section in the app and hit “Clear Cache” and Clear Data”.
- Exit Settings.
- Open Google Play Store again and check if you can now download and install the app you want.
Most VPN services are not free so you may be hard pressed to find a good one that offers free service without compromising data security. If you need a trusted VPN service in the industry, you can invest in ExpressVPN. It offers fast connection and has a network of thousands of servers around the world, effectively eliminating geo-restrictions imposed by apps like Google Play Store and Netflix.
This item isn’t available in your country error fix #2: Install apps using VPN connected PC
The other way to get apps you want in the Play Store is by using a computer. This is how it’s done:
- Set up a VPN client on your PC or Mac. You can use Google to search for articles how this is done. There’s a certain level of technical details that you may encounter when setting up this one but generally, even basic computer users should be able to manage as long as they follow the instructions properly.
- Once you’ve set your VPN client on your PC or Mac, connect it to a VPN server.
- Open a browser on your computer. We suggest that you use Google Chrome although Mozilla Firefox or any other browser will do.
- Go to Google Play Store site.
- Sign in to Google Play Store. Make sure that you use that same account that you’re using on your Android Google Play Store app.
- On your computer, search for the app that you want to install.
- Click on Install and select the Android device you want the app to be added.
- The installation should begin shortly on your Android device. If nothing happens after a few minutes, open the Play Store on your Android and check if the download will begin.
As you can see, fixing This item isn’t available in your country error is really that that hard. All you have to do is to go around the region or geographic restriction set by Google using a VPN and you’re good to go. If you think this article helps in fixing your problem, try sharing it to your friends so they too will know.
Get help from us
Having Issues with your phone? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help. We also create videos for those wanting to follow visual instructions. Visit our Youtube page for troubleshooting.