Some owners of the Motorola Moto G7 have been complaining because their phones reportedly started having network-related issues. Among the most common is that the device keeps disconnecting from the WiFi network that, of course, will result in disruption of many services and functions. While this problem is pretty annoying, it’s not really that difficult to fix. In fact, you may be able to fix the problem by doing one of the solutions I cited below.
In this post, we will try to troubleshoot your Moto G7 that keeps disconnecting from the WiFi network. Our course of action will be to consider all possibilities and then start to rule them out one after another until we can determine what the real issue is and hopefully be able to fix it. If you’re one of the owners that are currently having similar problem, continue reading as this article may be able to help you one way or another.
For owners who are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop by our troubleshooting page for we have already addressed some of the most common problems with this device. Browse through the page to find issues that are similar to yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work or if you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us by filling up our Android issues questionnaire.
Troubleshooting a Moto G7 that keeps disconnecting from the WiFi network
In troubleshooting a smartphone with this kind of problem, it’s best to be thorough so that you can accurately diagnose what the problem really is and provide permanent solution. With that being said, here are the things you need to do if your Moto G7 keeps disconnecting from WiFi…
Posts you might like
First solution: Force restart your phone
It is a possible issue with the firmware since glitches happen every now and then. Therefore, the first thing that you have to do is the forced restart. It will address and fix all minor firmware-related problems including this one. The forced restart is actually a simulated battery removal that refreshes your phone’s memory as reloads all services. This might be the only thing you need to do to make your phone work perfectly again. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press and hold the power key for 15 seconds or until the Moto logo shows and the screen turns blue.
Your phone will continue the usual boot process until it reaches the lock screen or the home screen. Once the reboot is complete and your phone is ready, try to make sure the phone is connected to the WiFi and see if it still keeps disconnecting. If the problem continues, move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Restart your network device
Your modem or router (or both) also needs to be refreshed from time to time. There are instances wherein these devices crash or stop broadcasting signal, and that could be the reason why your phone randomly disconnects from the network. Take a little time to reboot your network devices and see if you can fix this problem by simply doing such simple procedure. Here’s how:
- Unplug your modem or router from the wall outlet or simply disconnect the power cord from the main unit.
- Leave it without power for a minute or two.
- After that, plug it back into the wall outlet or reconnect the cord.
- Wait for the device to become online and then let your phone reconnect to it.
If your phone still keeps disconnecting after this, then move on to the next solution.
Third solution: Reset the network settings on your Moto G7
The previous solution will refresh the connection from the router but this one will refresh it from the phone itself. Resetting the network settings will bring your phones wireless configuration back to default values, as well as reset all the services used by your phone’s radios. If this is just a minor issue with those services, then this procedure should make things work perfectly again. Here’s how you do it:
- From the home screen, swipe up to pull the app drawer up.
- Find and tap Settings.
- Touch System, and then tap Advanced.
- Tap Reset options.
- Now, touch Reset Wi-Fi, mobile and Bluetooth.
- Touch Reset Settings.
- Tap Reset Settings again to confirm your action.
After doing this procedure, enable WiFi on your phone and let it reconnect to the network. If it still keeps disconnecting from the network, then move on to the next solution.
Fourth solution: Master reset your Moto G7 that keeps disconnecting
If your device still keeps disconnecting from the network after doing the first three solutions but you made sure the problem isn’t with your network or router, then a reset will be necessary as it’s probably just a firmware problem. Before the reset, make sure to create a copy of your important files and data as they will all be deleted. After the backup, remove your google account so that you won’t be locked out of your device after the reset. When ready, follow these steps to reset your phone:
- Power your Moto G7 off.
- Press and hold the Power key and the Volume down button for 3 seconds, or until you’re on a screen with a broken Android robot.
- Use the Volume Down or Up button to scroll RECOVERY MODE, and then press the power key to select it.
- The screen will turn blue with Motorola logo on it and brings you to another black screen with broken Android with exclamation point.
- Hold the Power button and press Volume up, and then release both buttons.
- Use the Volume Down button to highlight ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and then press the power key to select it.
- Press the Volume Down button once to highlight ‘Yes’ and press the power key to select it.
- Highlight Userdata + personalized content using the volume down button, and then press the power key to select it.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, highlight Reboot system now and press the power key.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your phone as a new device.
After the reset, set up your phone as a new device and enjoy.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix your Moto G7 that keeps disconnecting from the network. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling out this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. You may also visit our Youtube channel as we publish helpful videos every week.