Are you experiencing Bluetooth connection issues with your JBL PartyBox Encore? There are various factors that can cause this issue such as a software glitch, low battery, device still in pairing mode, or paired devices not within range. To fix this, you will need to perform several troubleshooting steps.
The JBL PartyBox Encore is a one of the latest portable Bluetooth speakers that is designed for outdoor parties and events. It comes with several great features such as great audio quality, dynamic light show effects, and a built-in battery for wireless operation. It also has microphone and guitar inputs for live performances and karaoke. The PartyBox Encore is a powerful speaker that provides a deep bass and immersive audio for any gathering such as a karaoke party.
- Transducers: 1 x 5.25 inch woofer, 2 x 1.75 inch tweeter
- Output power: 100 W RMS
- Power input: 100-240 V ~ / 50-60 Hz
- Frequency response: 50 Hz – 20k Hz @-6dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 80 dB
- Battery type: Li-ion polymer 27Wh (equivalent to 3.6V 7500mAh)
- Battery charge time: 3.5 hours
- Music play time: up to 10 hours (dependent on volume level and audio content)
- USB format: FAT16, FAT32
- USB file format: .mp3, .wma, .wav
- USB charge out: 5 V / 0.5 A (maximum)
- Cable type: AC Power Cable
- Cable length: 2000 mm/78.7″
- Bluetooth version: 5.1
- Bluetooth profile: A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6
Why is my JBL PartyBox Encore not connecting to Bluetooth?
One issue that might occur with your JBL PartyBox speaker is when it does not pair with other Bluetooth devices. It’s refuses to connect to another Bluetooth device such as your smartphone (pairing problems) or your JBL Bluetooth speaker connection just keeps disconnecting.
Here’s what you can do to fix this JBL speakers Bluetooth connection issues.
Solution 1: Restart the JBL PartyBox Encore Bluetooth speaker
One of factors that can cause Bluetooth connectivity issues on JBL PartyBox Encore Essential speaker is a software glitch. In order to fix this you should restart the JBL speaker in order to refresh its software.
Restarting JBL PartyBox speakers
- Press and hold the power button until the JBL speaker turns off.
- Wait for at least a minute.
- Press and hold the power button to turn on the JBL speaker.
You will also need to restart the Bluetooth device the JBL speaker is connecting to. Once the Bluetooth device has restarted try to check if the pairing issues is fixed.
Solution 2: Check the JBL PartyBox Encore Bluetooth settings and make sure it is in pairing mode.
If this is the first time you will be using your JBL PartyBox Encore speaker then you will need to pair it with other Bluetooth devices such as your mobile phone in order for it to work.
How to pair JBL PartyBox Encore
- Turn on the PartyBox Encore Essential speaker and place it in pairing mode by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button until the LED light flashes rapidly.
- On the device you want to connect, turn on Bluetooth and search for available devices.
- Select “JBL PartyBox Encore” from the list of available devices.
- If prompted, enter the pairing code or confirm the connection on both the speaker and the device.
- Once the connection is established, the LED light will stop flashing and remain lit.
Solution 3: Charge your JBL PartyBox Encore speaker
One of the reasons why JBL speakers will not turn be able to use its Bluetooth feature is because of a low battery life. Try charging the battery first for 3.5 hours or until the battery charging indicator shows that the battery life is already full.
- Use the provided AC power cord only and connect it to the AC power port of your JBL speaker.
- Connect the other end of the AC power cord to a wall outlet then wait for the charging process to complete.
After the battery life is full try checking if the JBL PartyBox Encore Essential can connect to another Bluetooth device.
Solution 4: Update the JBL PartyBox Encore software
There’s a possibility that the Bluetooth issue you are experiencing on your speaker is due to a bug in the present software being used. To fix this you just need to install the latest software update on your JBL Flip 6 speaker.
Update JBL PartyBox Encore software
- Download the JBL Partybox app on your smartphone.
- Make sure that the JBL speaker is paired to your smartphone. Turn on your JBL speaker then launch the app.
- Your speaker should be displayed and the update button will be available if a firmware update is available.
- Tap the update button then tap upgrade to update your JBL PartyBox Encore software.
- Tap Let’s party to complete the update.
After the latest update has been installed try checking if the connection issues still occurs.
Solution 5: Factory reset the JBL PartyBox Encore
Performing a hard reset or factory reset will erase the data and settings done on the speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step when experiencing problems caused by faulty configuration settings.
Factory reset JBL Partybox Encore
- Turn on the JBL PartyBox Encore.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Light and Play Buttons for more than 10
- When the Factory Reset ends, your device will Turn Off.
- Turn On the JBL PartyBox Encore speaker by pressing the Power Key.
Solution 6: Bring your JBL PartyBox Encore speaker to a service center
There are instances when your portable speaker will experience connectivity problems because of hardware issues. This can be due to a faulty circuit board. If this is the case then you will need to have the speaker fixed at a service center.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the battery life of the JBL PartyBox Encore?
The JBL PartyBox Encore has a battery life of up to 10 hours.
Can I connect multiple devices to the JBL PartyBox Encore?
Yes, you can connect up to two devices simultaneously.
Turn on the speaker and place it in pairing mode by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button until the LED light flashes rapidly.
On the first device, turn on Bluetooth and search for available devices. Select “JBL PartyBox Encore” from the list of available devices.
Repeat the process for the second device.
Once both devices are connected, you can switch between devices by disconnecting from one device and connecting to the other. The speaker will automatically connect to the last paired device when turned on.
The JBL PartyBox Encore can connect to up to two devices simultaneously and will play audio from only one device at a time.
What is the range of the Bluetooth connection for the JBL PartyBox Encore?
The Bluetooth range is up to 33 feet.
Can I use the JBL PartyBox Encore as a PA system?
Yes, the speaker has microphone inputs and can be used as a PA system.
Can I connect a guitar to the JBL PartyBox Encore?
Yes, the JBL PartyBox Encore has a guitar input for live performances.