Do you hear noise when playing music with your JBL PartyBox Encore speakers? There are various factors that can cause this issue such as a software glitch, audio source issue, or even a volume setting. To fix this, you will need to perform several troubleshooting steps.
The JBL PartyBox Encore is one of the latest portable Bluetooth speaker models designed for music lovers who want to take their parties to the next level. It has a powerful sound, vibrant lights, and long battery life, which creates an immersive and exciting audio experience. Whether you’re hosting an indoor or outdoor event, the JBL PartyBox Encore delivers crisp highs, deep bass, and clear vocals that can fill any room or space.
- Transducers: 1 x 5.25 inch woofer, 2 x 1.75 inch tweeter
- Output power: 100 W RMS
- Power input: 100-240 V ~ / 50-60 Hz
- Frequency response: 50 Hz – 20k Hz @-6dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 80 dB
- Battery type: Li-ion polymer 27Wh (equivalent to 3.6V 7500mAh)
- Battery charge time: 3.5 hours
- Music play time: up to 10 hours (dependent on volume level and audio content)
- USB format: FAT16, FAT32
- USB file format: .mp3, .wma, .wav
- USB charge out: 5 V / 0.5 A (maximum)
- Cable type: AC Power Cable
- Cable length: 2000 mm/78.7″
- Bluetooth version: 5.1
- Bluetooth profile: A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6
How to Resolve JBL PartyBox Encore Sound Distortion
One of the issues that you might experience with JBL Partybox Encore Essential speakers is when it has a distorted sound or the sound quality is not that good. You might be hearing some static noise when you play music. This can be an annoying experience especially when you are listening to your favorite music.
Here’s what you need to do to fix the sound issue on your JBL PartyBox Encore portable speaker.
Solution 1: Restart the JBL PartyBox Encore portable speaker
One of factors that can cause sound quality issues on JBL speakers is a software glitch. In order to fix this you should restart your JBL PartyBox Encore Essential to refresh its software.
Restarting JBL PartyBox speakers
- Press and hold the power button until the JBL speaker turns off.
- Wait for at least a minute.
- Press and hold the power button to turn on the JBL speaker.
You will also need to restart the Bluetooth device the JBL PartyBox Encore Essential speaker is connecting to. Once the Bluetooth device has restarted try to check if the pairing issues is fixed.
Solution 2: Reduce the volume of your JBL PartyBox Encore
If you are playing music at maximum volume then this will usually will result in a sound distortion on your JBL PartyBox Encore speaker.
There are various factors that can cause this such as a:
- JBL PartyBox Encore speaker limitation: Portable speakers have a limit to how loud they can play music without distorting the sound. When the volume is turned up too high or if the bass boost is set to max, the speaker’s components can no longer accurately reproduce the rich audio spectrum, causing distortion.
- Power limitations: The power amplifier in the speaker may not be capable of delivering enough power to the speakers to maintain a clear signal at high volume.
- Signal overload: If the signal being sent to the speaker is too strong, it can overload the speaker’s amplifier and cause distortion.
To fix this you should try listening to music at lower volumes. You should also try adjusting the bass setting as a much deeper bass will also cause distortion.
Solution 3: Check the audio source
The sound quality issues you are experiencing on your JBL PartyBox Encore Essential speaker might be due to the audio source. If you are using a third-party app to play music, try switching to a different app or source to see if the distortion is isolated to that particular app. You should also try playing a different soundtrack or music genre to check if the issue is caused by the particular music you are playing.
Solution 4: Charge your JBL PartyBox Encore speaker
One of the reasons why JBL speakers will not turn be able to use its Bluetooth feature is because of a low battery life. Try charging the battery first for 3.5 hours or until the battery charging indicator shows that the battery life is already full.
- Use the provided AC power cord only and connect it to the AC power port of your JBL speaker.
- Connect the other end of the AC power cord to a wall outlet then wait for the charging process to complete.
After the battery life is full try checking if the JBL PartyBox Encore Essential can connect to another Bluetooth device.
Solution 5: Update the JBL PartyBox Encore software
There’s a possibility that the poor sound quality issue you are experiencing on your JBL wireless speaker is due to a bug in its current software. To fix this you just need to install the latest software update on your speaker.
Update JBL PartyBox Encore software
- Download the JBL Partybox app on your mobile phone.
- Make sure that the JBL speaker is paired to your smartphone. Turn on your JBL speaker then launch the app.
- Your speaker should be displayed and the update button will be available if a firmware update is available.
- Tap the update button then tap upgrade to update your JBL PartyBox Encore software.
- Tap Let’s party to complete the update.
After the latest update has been installed try checking if the sound quality issue still occurs.
Solution 6: Factory reset the JBL PartyBox Encore
Performing a hard reset or factory reset will erase the data and settings done on the speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step when experiencing problems caused by faulty configuration settings.
Factory reset JBL Partybox Encore
- Turn on the JBL PartyBox Encore.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Light and Play Buttons for more than 10
- When the Factory Reset ends, your device will Turn Off.
- Turn On the JBL PartyBox Encore speaker by pressing the Power Key.
Solution 7: Bring your JBL PartyBox Encore speaker to a service center
There are instances when your portable speaker will experience a poor sound quality because of hardware issues. This can be due to a faulty circuit board or even damaged speaker. If this is the case then you will need to have the speaker fixed at a service center.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does the battery last on the JBL PartyBox Encore?
The battery life of the JBL PartyBox Encore can vary depending on the volume level and lighting effects, but on average it can last up to 10 hours of continuous use.
- How do I connect my phone to the JBL PartyBox Encore?
To connect your phone to the JBL PartyBox Encore, you can use a Bluetooth connection. Simply turn on the speaker, put it in pairing mode, and select “JBL PartyBox Encore” from the list of available devices on your phone.
- Can I use an external microphone with the JBL PartyBox Encore?
Yes, you can use an external microphone with the JBL PartyBox Encore. The speaker has a microphone input that can be used with a wired or wireless microphone.
- Can I play music from a USB drive on the JBL PartyBox Encore?
Yes, you can play music from a USB drive on the JBL PartyBox Encore. Simply insert the USB drive into the USB port on the speaker, and the music files will be automatically detected and played.
- Does the JBL PartyBox Encore have built-in lights?
Yes, the JBL PartyBox Encore has built-in lights that can be turned on or off. The light show creates a visually exciting experience, adding to the overall ambiance of the party .