When a popular application like the Instagram keeps stopping or crashing on a smartphone like the Samsung Galaxy A50, you can always expect it to be an issue with the app. Unlike Facebook, Instagram does not come pre-installed on an A50, and third-party apps that keep on crashing are really not that hard to fix.
The error message ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ usually shows up when you open the app. Most of the time, you would be able to see the logo of the app pop up on the screen before it closes and the error shows up. Needless to say, if this issue occurs, you can no longer use the app in question. So, you really need to perform some troubleshooting procedures to be able to use the app again.
In this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your Galaxy A50 with ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ error. We will try to look into every possibility and rule them out one after another until we can determine what the real issue is and be able to fix it. So, if you’re one of the owners of this device and are currently being bugged by a similar issue, continue reading as this article may be able to fix it.
For those who are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop by our troubleshooting page for we have already addressed some of the most common issues with this phone. Browse through the page to find issues that are similar to yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you or if you still need our help, contact us anytime through our Android issues questionnaire.
Troubleshooting a Galaxy A50 that shows the ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ error
As I said earlier, it’s easier to fix third-party applications that keep on crashing, because if all else fails, you can simply remove the app from your phone and the error would be gone as well. But we know for a fact you want to use this application, so we will help you fix it. That said, here’s what you need to do:
First solution: Force restart your phone
It is important to do this procedure first, especially if you haven’t encountered this problem before. If it’s the first time that the error ‘instagram keeps stopping’ pops up when you open the app, then a forced restart may be able to fix it. Here’s how you do it:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and don’t release it yet.
- While holding down the volume button, press and hold the Power key as well.
- Keep both keys held down together for 15 seconds or until the Galaxy A50 logo shows on the screen.
Once the phone has finished rebooting, try to see if the error ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ still pops up when you open the app. If it still does, then move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Clear the cache and data of Instagram
Clearing the cache and data of Instagram will often be enough if the problem is with the app. This deletes the app’s cache and data files, and then replace them with new ones. Here’s how it’s done on your Galaxy A50:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to pull the notification panel down.
- Tap the Settings icon on the upper-right corner.
- Scroll to and then tap Apps.
- Find and tap Instagram.
- Tap Storage.
- Touch Clear cache.
- Touch Clear data and then tap OK to confirm.
Once you’re done doing this procedure, open the app and see if the ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ error still pops up. If it still does, move on to the next solution.
Third solution: Uninstall Instagram and reinstall it
At this point, it would be better to simply remove the app completely from your device to also remove its associations with the firmware and other apps. After that, reinstall the app to make sure you’re using the latest version from the Play Store. Here’s how it’s done:
- Go to the screen where the Instagram icon is located.
- Tap and hold on the Instagram icon until options show.
- Tap Uninstall and touch OK to confirm.
- Go back to the Home screen, and launch the Play Store.
- Search for Instagram, and then tap Install to begin the installation.
- When the installation is finished, tap Open to launch the app.
Most of the time, these procedures are more than enough to fix issues like this. However, if the problem continues after this, then it could be just a result of a firmware issue. Move on to the next solution.
Fourth solution: Reset your phone
If all the procedures above failed to fix the problem, then the problem could be with the firmware and Instagram could be just one of the apps that crash. A reset will be necessary at this point. So, backup your important files and data, remove your google and samsung accounts, and then follow these steps to reset your phone:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.
- When the Galaxy A50 logo shows, release all three keys.
- Your Galaxy A50 will continue to boot up into the Recovery Mode. Once you see a black screen with blue and yellow texts, proceed to the next step.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix your Galaxy A50 that shows the ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ error. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling out this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. You may also visit our Youtube channel as we publish helpful videos every week.