Uploading your photos to Google Drive is easy since Google made the interface of the app so comprehensive you could never go wrong with it. And what makes it a lot easier for most of Android users is the fact that Drive comes pre-installed with almost all smartphones or devices that run Android. So, there’s no need to go to the Play Store and download the app before you can upload.
Furthermore, when you’ve properly setup your phone using your Google account, you’ll automatically be logged in to the app since these services are tied to an account unlike other applications wherein you have to sign up and verify your email address before you can start using their services. Depending on how you look at it, Google Drive is a really good cloud storage you could use anytime, anywhere.
In this post, I will guide you on how to backup your photos or upload them to Google Drive. Once uploaded, you can access them from any device as long as you’re logged into your account. Without further adieu, here’s how to upload pictures to Google Drive from your Android phone…
How to save photo to Google Drive using Share option
- Find the document on your phone that you’d like to upload to Google Drive.
- Tap the share button. It’ll usually look like a left-pointing triangle, with a dot at each point.
- Tap Save to Drive.
- Tap Allow if prompted to allow Google Drive access to your files.
- Add a title to the document if you’d like or change/create the name of the folder where it would be located and tap Save in the bottom right corner of your screen.
The upload may take just a second or two depending on your connection as the size of the file. Once uploaded, you may open Google Drive right from the app drawer and if you didn’t change the default directory, the file can be found on the main directory called ‘My Drive’ otherwise, it would be in the folder you created.
How to upload photo to Google Drive without sharing
- Launch Google Drive from your home screen or from the app drawer.
- Once the app opens, you can immediately see your uploaded files as well as the folders you created.
- To upload your photos, touch the Plus (+) icon on the lower-right corner.
- Now, tap the Upload icon.
- Navigate to the folder where your photos are saved.
- If you want to upload just one image, tap on it but if you want to upload more than one, tap and hold the image until a check mark appears on the left and then just tap on the images you want to upload.
- Tap Open on the upper-right corner.
- Wait until the upload is complete.
As far as uploading photos to Google Drive on Android is concerned, these are a couple of procedures you can do easily.
I hope that this how-to post has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems. Thanks for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.