One of the many ways to optimize a device’s performance is by deleting unwanted contents including old and unused files and apps. Aside from ensuring performance stability, doing so will likewise help free up some space of your phone’s storage, allowing it to allocate more files and new apps.
In this quick video clip, I will show you how to get this done. Keep watching to learn how to uninstall apps from a Galaxy J6 Plus handset.
- To get started, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to launch the Apps screen.
- Then, tap on Settings.
- From the Settings menu, select Device maintenance. This will open a screen that shows the maintenance status of your phone.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the display and you should see a list of optimization icons and controls.
- Tap Storage to view and manage your phone’s internal storage. From the Storage screen, you will see how much space is used for system/user data, unnecessary data, and the available space.
- Scroll down to User Data section then tap Apps style=”font-weight: 400;”>. This will launch a new screen that contains a list of apps. These apps are categorized into two groups based on how often they’re used. Thus, you will see a list of Rarely Used apps style=”font-weight: 400;”> and Occasionally Used apps.
- Scroll down to and tap to select the app that you want to uninstall. You can select more than one apps to uninstall from your phone at once.
- Once you’re done selecting the apps, tap Uninstall on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Then, tap Uninstall from the pop-up screen to confirm.
If you’re done uninstalling apps, tap the Back key to go back to the Storage screen and manage your device using other available controls.
Aside from uninstalling apps, you can also delete old and unused files from Videos, Audio, Images, and Documents folders. Simply tap on each folder to view its contained files and then select the files that you want to delete.
To free up storage space by deleting unnecessary temporary data including those that are cached, residual, and ads, you can just tap on the Clean Now button above the User Data section.