Using ExpressVPN to unblock Netflix is one of the popular choices by millions of people around the world. If you are not physically located in the UK but want to watch UK Netflix contents abroad, ExpressVPN is a good choice. VPN or Virtual Private Networks like ExpressVPN not only helps you unblock Netflix but also keeps your data secure so paying for it has its practical uses as well. There can be many reasons why you want to use a good VPN, including getting access to restricted internet contents like Netflix so if you decide to employ a service of one, we recommend that you consider ExpressVPN.
At A Glance: Our Favorite VPN Services
Our Top Pick
How to use ExpressVPN to watch UK Netflix Abroad
There are a number of things that you must do to set ExpressVPN properly. Don’t worry, as the steps are simple and easy to follow. This guide will show you the details.
How to sign up and download ExpressVPN
The first part of the ExpressVPN setup process is to create an ExpressVPN account and install the app on your mobile.
Posts you might like
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN by following this link.
- Once you’ve created your ExpressVPN account, open a web browser on your device and tap Sign in. You’ll need your email address and password for this.
- After signing in, tap Set Up ExpressVPN.
- From the downloads page, you can choose which client you need.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app for Android on your phone or tablet. If you can access Google Play, download the ExpressVPN app from there. If you cannot access Google Play, you can download the APK directly to your Android device by following this link. (ExpressVPN does not recommend downloading their APK from third-party sources.) Keep in mind that downloading APKs from non-official sources can put your data at risk.
- If you downloaded ExpressVPN from the Play Store:
- Tap INSTALL on the Google Play Store page for ExpressVPN.
- Tap ACCEPT, then wait while the app downloads.
- If you downloaded ExpressVPN app as an APK:
- Contact ExpressVPN technical support team for step-by-step process.
- Once the technical team has given you the link to get the APK from, open your web browser and tap the link.
- Tap OK to allow the APK to download. Make sure you have allowed non-Play Store downloads to your device first (Settings > Biometrics and security > Install unknown apps > (choose your browser like Google Chrome).
- Wait for the APK to download.
- After the APK has finished downloading, tap OPEN.
- After opening the APK, you will be asked to approve the installation. Tap INSTALL.
Set up the ExpressVPN app
Once you’ve installed ExpressVPN app on your mobile, the next steps are to properly configure it so you can watch UK Netflix abroad afterwards. Here’s what you should do:
- Open the ExpressVPN app.
- On the ExpressVPN app, enter your ExpressVPN username and password, then tap Sign In.
- You can share crash reports and other anonymous analytics to improve ExpressVPN. Tap OK if you agree to share reports.
- You will be invited to set up your VPN and approve connection requests by ExpressVPN. Tap OK and OK to continue.
- To connect to a VPN server location, tap the On Button. By default, ExpressVPN will suggest the location that provides the optimal experience for you, called Smart Location. If you don’t want the current suggested location, simply tap on the More options icon (three dots) and manually pick your server location. You can connect to any of their 160 server locations.
- Fire away and use the internet the way you want to use it!
How to watch UK Netflix with ExpressVPN
Now that you have ExpressVPN app configured, you don’t need to do any other settings modification on your device. You can begin enjoying your favorite UK Netflix contents. Just open the Netflix app, pick a show, and start binging.