Syncing issues are among the most common problems Garmin Vivosmart 4 users have been complaining about. Some reported to be getting incorrect data on their smartphones while others said their tracker no longer syncs with their smartphone.
For this feature to work, the tracker should be properly connected to the smartphone. It revolves around the fact that both devices are connected through Bluetooth, which is not as stable as a WiFi connection. While this problem may seem serious, it’s actually pretty minor and you can fix it on your own. Continue reading as I will walk you through in troubleshooting your Vivosmart 4 that no longer syncs properly.
For those who are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop in on our Garmin Vivosmart 4 troubleshooting page for we have already addressed some of the most common issues with this phone. Browse through the page to find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you or if you still need our help, contact us anytime through our questionnaire.
Now, here are the things you must do if your Vivosmart 4 no longer syncs with your phone…
- Restart Bluetooth in your smartphone.
- Connect your Vivosmart 4 to a computer.
- Factory reset your Vivosmart 4.
First is make sure the connection between the devices are stable. Turn off the Bluetooth in your smartphone and it’s better if you reboot it. After which, enable the Bluetooth again and allow the device to reestablish their connection. Once connected properly, try to see if the sync is good. If not, then move on to the next solution.
Connecting the Vivosmart 4 to a computer actually reboots it but none of your settings and data will be deleted. It’s just a normal reboot for the tracker and this will refresh its memory. Vivosmart 4 has a pretty simple and straightforward system and many actually reported that this method fixed issues they’ve encountered with their device. However, if this fails as well, then the next one will fix it.
You need to factory reset your Garmin Vivosmart 4. Follow these steps to do it:
- Delete the Garmin Connect app from your phone.
- “Forget” the device in your phone’s Bluetooth settings and disable Bluetooth on your phone, then reboot your phone.
- Clamp the VivoSmart into its charger, and plug it into your computer.
- Erase all files and directories on the VivoSmart when it comes up as a USB drive on your computer.
- Eject the VivoSmart USB device from your computer.
- Disconnect the VivoSmart from the charger
- Re-install Garmin Connect on your phone.
- Re-enable Bluetooth on your phone.
- Put your Vivosmart into “pairing mode” — documented in your manual — and re-pair your VivoSmart as below:
- Open Garmin Connect Mobile on your phone.
- Touch the Home Menu button
- Touch Devices
- Touch the “+” in the upper-right corner
- Touch Health and Fitness
- Touch vivosmart
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the pairing process
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
ALSO READ: What to do with your Garmin Vivosmart 4 that won’t turn on
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.