Network problems are not only the main reasons as to why calling and texting functions aren’t working on your smartphone. Other factors like invalid settings, software glitches, update bugs, and account problems must also be considered when dealing with such problems. Tackled in this post is a pertinent issue that can likewise be attributed to any of the aforesaid factors and it’s on sending MMS problem transpiring on a Nokia 6 2018 handset. Read on to find out what to do if you too cannot send multimedia messages or MMS on the same Nokia smartphone.
Before we proceed, if you’re looking for a solution to a problem with your phone, try to browse through our troubleshooting pages to see if we support your device. If your phone is in the list of our supported devices, then go to the troubleshooting page and look for similar problems. Feel free to use our solutions and workarounds. Don’t worry it’s free. But if you still need our help, then fill up our Android issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
How to troubleshoot Nokia 6 2018 that can’t send MMS
Before you begin troubleshooting, verify and ensure that your phone has strong network coverage or signal reception. If your phone is having less than optimal reception, the delivery time of MMS may be increased. This then could result to a higher chance of MMS sending failure. For MMS to work, your device must have a steady 2 or more bars of signal strength.
First solution: Reboot your phone.
If this is the first time you encounter trouble sending MMS message on your Nokia 6 2018 handset, then most likely it’s just among other random glitches transpiring on the messaging app. A simple yet effective solution you can try on is a soft reset or device restart. Having said that, switch your phone off for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and then back on again. Or you can do a forced restart with these steps:
Posts you might like
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Release both buttons when the phone boots up.
- Try sending a test MMS message to yourself.
If you still cannot send MMS, check your messaging inbox and outbox folders and make sure you haven’t yet exceeded the limit, otherwise you won’t be able to send or receive new SMS or MMS messages. Most phone have a limit on the number of stored messages for both the inbox and outbox. If necessary, delete as many old or unwanted messages from your message folders. After deleting unwanted messages, reboot your phone one more time and then try to send a test MMS message to yourself to see if it’s already working this time.
- How to fix a Nokia 6 2018 smartphone that is not charging (easy steps)
- How to fix Gmail app that keeps crashing on your Nokia 6 2018 smartphone (easy steps)
- How to fix Google Play Store that stops working or keeps crashing on your Nokia 6 2018 (easy steps)
- What to do if your Nokia 6 2018 smartphone won’t turn on? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix SIM Card Not Inserted error on your Nokia 6 2018 smartphone (easy steps)
Second solution: Reset network settings manually.
Most smartphones are programmed to automatically connect to the mobile network and to continually optimize the connection session. But there are times when the connection session may not refresh and therefore will not perform properly. To help clean up any errant that could be preventing access to the network, performing a manual network selection or network settings reset would be necessary. Here’s what you should do then:
- Go to your phone’s Network, Carrier, or Cellular selection settings.
- If prompted with a list of available mobile networks, manually select any network other than the one that’s set.
- You may then be prompted with some warnings or error message. If this happens, change the network selection settings back to Automatic or Default.
- Wait until your phone reconnects to the network with a refreshed connection session.
Reboot your phone to complete the session refresh.
Third solution: Clear cache and data on your messaging app.
Just like other apps, the Messaging app also store temporary data or cache files. While these files may be good in terms of faster information reloading, they too can cause the app to misbehave when they get corrupted. To fix the app and get it back into its normal state, clearing the app’s cache and data is needed. That said, try to clear cache and data on your messaging app with these steps:
- Tap Settings then go to Apps.
- Locate and select your Messaging app.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache to delete temporary files from the app’s memory.
- Press the Home key to go back to the Main screen or Home screen.
If clearing the app’s cache and data doesn’t help or you still cannot send MMS after doing so, then you can try wiping the cache partition instead. It’s the same cache clearing process but this time from the system cache partition instead of the messaging app. The system partition also stores temporary files for the same purpose of faster reloading of similar information. And just like apps cache and data, temporary files in the system cache partition can also crash or become corrupted. When this happen, phone functions are also affected. To rule this out from the culprits, follow these steps to wipe cache partition on your Nokia 6 2018:
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Then press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons when the Recovery Mode screen appears.
- Press the Volume Down button several times to highlight or select Wipe Cache Partition option.
- Press the Power button to confirm selection.
- Wait until wiping of cache partition is finished and your phone to display Reboot System now prompt.
- Press the Power button to confirm restart.
Your phone will then restart with no more problems and better performance. At this point, try to send MMS and see if the problem is fixed.
Fourth solution: Update your phone software to the latest version.
New updates may contain the required fix patch to any bug that might have prevented your device from sending MMS messages. So if haven’t updated your phone software already, follow these steps to check for updates:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About phone.
- Select System updates.
- Tap Check for update.
If an update is available, you will see a notification highlighting the update details. Read and review the message then back up all your important data for safekeeping. Once you’re all set, follow the onscreen instructions to proceed and complete the update download and installation process.
Fifth solution: Reset and restore your phone to its factory defaults.
This can be regarded as your last option if you still cannot send MMS after performing all prior workarounds. Reaching this point with the same problem means that a more advanced solution is required to deal with it. It could be some tough bugs or complex software errors that’s halting your device from sending MMS. To clear your phone from such culprits, performing a master reset can help. This however will result to data loss so creating a backup is necessary. Once you’re ready, follow these steps to perform a master reset or reset your Nokia 6 2018 to factory defaults:
- Go to the Main Menu or Home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and Reset.
- Select Factory Data Reset from the given options.
- Mark or select the Reset phone option to erase all data stored on the internal memory of your phone.
- Tap Erase everything to confirm.
Wait until your phone restarts then complete the initial setup process. See if that fixes the problem.
Ask further assistance
Contact your service provider or carrier to verify and ensure that MMS is supported or activated on your account. They may need to reset your account settings or to enable the service. Just make sure your account is setup with the correct plan or service subscriptions.
If it only occurs to your Nokia 6 2018 to stop sending MMS after installing a new Android update, then you may have to report the matter to Nokia Support as it’s likely a post-update issue that requires an official fix patch as ultimate solution.
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.
Posts you may also like to check out:
- How to fix No SIM card detected error on Nokia 6 2018 (easy steps)
- How to fix screen flickering, other display problems on your Nokia 8 (easy steps)
- How to fix a Nokia 8 that won’t turn on, no power issue (easy steps)
- How to fix a Nokia 8 that keeps disconnecting from your Wi-Fi network [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Nokia 8 that turned off by itself and won’t turn back on (easy steps)