Samsung had been trying to push the usefulness of its Bixby service for a few years now. Unfortunately for the South Korean giant, there’s not a huge Bixby following at all and the service seems to fail to capture the interest of many Samsung fans around the world. If you are one of those who want to disable Bixby on your Galaxy Note10+, you’re in luck. It is now easier to turn off Bixby in this device due to the absence of the Bixby button.
How to disable Bixby on your Galaxy Note10+ | ways to totally turn off Bixby
One of the surprises of the new Galaxy Note10 series is the disappearance of a dedicated Bixby button, which is not true for the Galaxy S10 models. This makes it easier to disable Bixby on your Galaxy Note10+ as shown below.
How to disable Bixby on your Galaxy Note10+
The first step to disable Bixby completely on your Galaxy Note10+ is by changing a couple of settings. Here’s how:
- On any screen, pull down the notifications bar from the top.
- Tap the Power menu button in the quick settings panel (the one near the cog).
- In the power menu, tap Side key settings at the bottom. You should see two panels — Double press and Press and hold.
- Change Double press interaction to Quick launch camera or Open app. If you select Open app option, press the cog on the right so you can pick what app will open when you double press the Bixby/Power button.
- If you select Open App, tap the cog button to select an app to open with a double-press.
- Change the Press and hold interaction to Power off menu.
- Under Press and hold section, be sure to check Power off menu.
- That’s it! Bixby will no longer show up if you accidentally press or hold the Bixby/Power button.
How to delete Bixby Home from the Home screen
This second procedure will show you how to disable the Bixby Home icon from the Home screen on your Galaxy Note10+. Without this app shortcut, there’s no way you can launch Bixby Home by mistake. Here’s what you need to do:
- From the Home screen, hold down on empty space or pinch your fingers together until the menu appears.
- Swipe to the right. This should move the screen to allow you to reach the left home panel.
- Move the Bixby Home slider to the left to turn it off.
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Google+ pages.